Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's nighttime somewhere

167891012»

Re: It's nighttime somewhere

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm almost done cleaning the apartment for my parent's visit tomorrow.  That way, tomorrow when I wake up, all I have left is tackling those clothes in the guest bedroom.  FI has to work tomorrow, so I should be able to get it all done.  I love him, (obviously), but he tends to distract me when I clean.  His definition of clean and my definition are different, and he tells me that it's clean enough when it really isn't.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    stupid TK. don't they realize how important these late night chats are?!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-nighttime-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa7a5218-b50a-4402-861e-f17a78f1b528Post:bcb13581-b956-4de5-afd9-f0193af64fc5">Re: It's nighttime somewhere</a>:
    [QUOTE]stupid TK. don't they realize how important these late night chats are?!
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha!  This is the only time I'm able to get on sometimes :)</div>
  • Options
    Hey Texas! 

I'm usually on during the afternoon/evening, but a lot of threads are dead since most everyone is east coast/central time. I love when the night threads go late like this.
  • Options
    Tex - I asked my H several times to go though his things while he was here because I'm leaving the country and need to get rid of most of my stuff. But he never did. So guess what? Most of it is going to Goodwill. 
  • Options
    Poke, how did you and your H meet?
  • Options
    In a chat room, lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-nighttime-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa7a5218-b50a-4402-861e-f17a78f1b528Post:f3b00709-a348-447b-ae05-0d693be008c6">Re: It's nighttime somewhere</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tex - I asked my H several times to go though his things while he was here because I'm leaving the country and need to get rid of most of my stuff. But he never did. So guess what? Most of it is going to Goodwill. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol.  I don't know what FI is gonna do when I go to Basic Training in October after we get married.  He hates cleaning, so I'm kinda scared to see what the apartment is gonna look like when I get done.  I hate cleaning when it gets really messy.  Once I get it done and back to normal, I can do okay with the upkeep.  </div><div>
    </div><div>As long as my three furbabies are fed and well taken care of, I can deal with a mess when I get back.  </div>
  • Options
    H does okay as far as keeping things tidy. But he hasn't really "cleaned" since he moved in. Just the basic stuff. 
  • Options
    that's awesome! :)
  • Options
    FI pretty much moved out of his parents house and in with me.  He wanted to get his own place somewhere in between that, but there was a lot of drama going on at home, and he wanted to get out.  

He moved in with me in March 2010 to help take care of me after my surgery, and just never left lol.  We got the apartment we are in now last August, and it's his first lease and my first one without my dad as a cosigner.  

So, when I leave for basic he'll be a "bachelor" (but not really) and living on his own for the first time.  He's gotten better about helping, but it's been a process.  I pick my battles and this is not something I'm willing to fight about.  He'll learn the finer points of being domestic when I leave because he'll basically have to.  
  • Options
    Ha, I dont' tell that to people IRL though. They can be so judgy.
  • Options
    Well I hope he does okay Tex!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-nighttime-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa7a5218-b50a-4402-861e-f17a78f1b528Post:28be7773-1235-4295-98dd-1c8ff1b5e99e">Re: It's nighttime somewhere</a>:
    [QUOTE]that's awesome! :)

<div>I'm really excited!  It's gonna be a whirlwind of packing after the honeymoon because I don't want to have to worry about it during my break between basic and tech school.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-nighttime-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa7a5218-b50a-4402-861e-f17a78f1b528Post:123c7904-2e71-4ea4-b834-6539c94a7b47">Re: It's nighttime somewhere</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I hope he does okay Tex!
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too.  My close friends know that he moved in with me instead of finding his own place, but they understand because of the circumstances.  </div>
  • Options
    That's because people are assholes, Poke. haha

I kinda feel like it's easier getting to know someone behind a screen, since there isn't that sense of OMG I LOOK LIKE SHIIIIT, or something. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-nighttime-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa7a5218-b50a-4402-861e-f17a78f1b528Post:b79f83d1-8d6c-4800-8e67-9f053e678707">Re: It's nighttime somewhere</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's because people are assholes, Poke. haha I kinda feel like it's easier getting to know someone behind a screen, since there isn't that sense of OMG I LOOK LIKE SHIIIIT, or something. 

<div>H knows me better than anyone. We're so close. I feel like if we can make it through 7 years long distance then we can make it through anything.</div>
  • Options
    I met my ex that I was with before FI and I got together on Yahoo Personals.  
  • Options
    What up ladies? I just made the executive decision to take today off. Score! 

Poke, it's amazing what living overseas does to a relationship. H and I have been through a crapton already, and even though we need a little help right now, I actually feel pretty confident that we can make it through now-- if only because we have already been through so much.
  • Options
    Tex, I'm so confused. Who is in your sig then?
  • Options
    Yay for a day off! 

I'm looking forward to living in England. I know it's going to be hard, but I think it helps that I already have been over there for a combined 5 months so the culture shock won't be too bad. I love it over there. 
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-nighttime-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa7a5218-b50a-4402-861e-f17a78f1b528Post:ff268260-0bca-466e-8f02-e5e74db8533b">Re: It's nighttime somewhere</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tex, I'm so confused. Who is in your sig then?
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

<div>It's me.  I got my bridal pics done extremely early.  Our photography package came with e-pic or bridal pic, and I chose bridal because FI hates pictures.  The place where I wanted them done is a tourist attraction during the summer and it gets hot as hell.  I got them done back in April to avoid the crowds and the worst of Texas heat.  </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  It's a common thing in the area I grew up to get a bridal pic done before the wedding.  </div>
  • Options
    Ooooh. Gotcha. 

Poke, I've gotta say, it's totally different living there, but the visits will definiely help!!
  • Options
    I'm just glad H makes enough money to support us without me working. I'll be looking for a job right away - but the job market over there sucks from what I've heard. It's good that we won't be struggling while I try to find work. 
  • Options
    Where will you be living? I think i asked you before, but I can't remember.

I found that even if I didn't have a job, it was important to be able to tell people I was interviewing with, that I was 'working' as a dog walker, busy in x,y,z... So maybe that is something you can or would like to look into?
  • Options
    I'm out, ladies!  I gotta finish vacuuming and it's bedtime for me.  

Have a good night everyone!
  • Options
    I'll be living in Essex - near Southend-on-Sea if you know where that is. 

Well I'll be helping H out with his business. I want a part time job to help bring in a little extra money and so I can have something to do. I love my husband but we'll need a little time apart. He works from home so if I don't work we'll pretty much be together 24/7. 

• Options
    Okay, my friend just got in. Have a good day off Snippy <3
  • Options
    Night Tex!

Oooh.... 24/7 would be.... way too much. I don't think it's as bad as the local news is saying there, but I think it probably depends on what you are after. :)

Dude, the BBC is totally nuts about the Olympics today. :) They are following the torch as it goes through the maze at Hampton Court. It's kind of neat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards