Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Stardust & LuLu's New Years Clearance Event- any reviews??

Hi ladies,

So I was browsing the web and found that January 2nd 2011 stars the New Years Clearance sale at Stardust & LuLu's! I am looking for a summer destination wedding dress and honestly dont want to spend more than $500. Also, I'm new to Dallas- Has anyone gone to these bridal shops in the past, particularly for the sale? Do you think I might find something good? :)

Re: Stardust & LuLu's New Years Clearance Event- any reviews??

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been to the sale, but I'd say you might have some luck at Lulu's... probably not so much at Stardust.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been to the sale, either.  Stardust is the higher end of the two.  So, unless it's a major sale you probably won't find anything $500 and under there.  Try Lulu's.  I tried on dresses there, but I don't remember any of them being below $1,000.  That was just my experience, though.  I'm sure the other girls will chime in.
  • edited December 2011

Great, thanks ladies. I am also considering trying out Bridal Closet, which is part of Stardust stores (I think). Any feedback for Bridal Closet?

• edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Lulus and was able to find around 10 dresses under 1,300 in the style I was looking for.  I ended up getting mine on sale for 980.00.  It may be worth checking out but I dont know what their typical markdown for that sale is, it could be hard to find under 500.  Stardust is definately going to be out of that price range if I am not mistaken their dresses start around 1,500 and go up to over 10,000.
  • edited December 2011
    Is there a reason you want to stick with the Stardust group? 

There are lots of bridal shops that can offer you a pretty substantial selection of gowns $500 or less.   I went shopping with my cousin recently and Lasting Bridal Couture had a big sample sale as well as Terry Costa with lots of gowns in your range to choose from.

I know there are lots more as well, other ladies will be able to help.
  • edited December 2011
    Actually no, the only place I have been to is Terry Costa and I really liked it. I have just heard a lot about the Stardust group so I thought I would get everyones feedback before I get excited about going this weekend. :)

Thanks for the info on Lasting Bridal Couture, I will probably stop by there too.

Any other places in the area that you might recommend? :)
  • edited December 2011
    Well both mine and my cousins gowns came from Anonymously Yours which is a bridal consignment shop in Dallas.   They buy a lot of samples from local bridal stores and you can get deep discounts.   My Maggie Sottero was $300, and my cousins was Maggie Sottero Couture and it was about $800 I believe. 

It's definitely a "different" experience than the traditional bridal shop but worth a look for a budget bride.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_stardust-lulus-new-years-clearance-event-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:74bf8982-f3aa-479a-9e2c-cddfb0bb2945Post:1cfd308e-c768-4bc4-ada8-a5f3cee00e67">Re: Stardust & LuLu's New Years Clearance Event- any reviews??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great, thanks ladies. I am also considering trying out Bridal Closet, which is part of Stardust stores (I think). Any feedback for Bridal Closet?
    Posted by dbonjion[/QUOTE]

I stopped into A Bridal Closet one day when I was at Willowbend. Definitely worth a looksy, as I found some pretty decent prices on gowns. I was just browsing though to get an idea in my head and the lady working had her granddaughter (about 9 y/o) with her; the kid kept coming up making suggestions as to what I should get and interrupted my peaceful shopping time.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my gown from Circle Park Bridal and I am purchasing my veil from Bridal Blossom.  These are two shops that you can find beautiful dresses for under $500.  Both are off the rack places but Bridal Blossom allows you take pictures while trying on your dress.  The owner Nancy is GREAT!!.  Great personal attention.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Circle Park Bridal.  I got my dress and my veil there for under $1,000.  It was a really good deal, because my dress has a really long train and lots of detail.
  • edited December 2011
    Great suggestions- thank you ladies! I have looked into Circle Park and Anonymously Yours as well... now I know I will for sure stop at those.

Ugggh, now to get motivated to go. My wedding is in July- but the dress shopping experience is very stressful for me since I can be pretty indecisive (and sales people can be pushy)... so believe it or not, I am somewhat dreading shopping for my dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Circle Park Bridal is off the rack.  So if you go there and fall in love with a dress, but are not ready to purchase, there is no guarantee it will be there when you are ready to purchase.

I completely understand your stress.  I love shopping, but I hated shopping for my dress.  I felt like it was such a big decision.  I recommend taking along one trusted friend/family member.  Don't take too many people, because too many opinions can make it stressful.  Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    And when you take that trusted person.. make sure its someone whose style and taste is similar to yours.  The first person I took suggested dresses that were princess and very frilly (so not me).  So the second person I took (whose style is similar to mine) chose dresses that I liked and gave me her HONEST (if not sometimes TOO HONEST) opinion.  We had a great time trying on different dresses and accessories. 

Although stressful, it was fun.  Have fun with it.  Try on everything.  You never know what you may like :)  We both liked pickups but we both fell in love with the sheath dress on me.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Lulu's this weekend. It was not a clearance sale - it was 10% off. The lady was kind of rude to me, and it was really crowded. *shrug*

I suggest Bridal Boutique in Lewisville and Circle Park Bridal instead.

Edit: If your wedding is in July, I suggest looking now, and looking for off the rack. My wedding is in June, and I ordered my dress in September. It usually takes at least 4 months for orders to come in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Closet is WONDERFUL!!!!!!! The prices range from 199-3,000. However the 3,000 ones were once 10,000 and beyond. they are samples but one can get an awesome deal there!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards