Snarky Brides

Tyra Banks is an idiot

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/04/20/americas-next-top-model-cleans-house?hpt=hp_t2

ANTM is getting rid of Nigel, Miss J and Mr. Jay. I'd never watch that show if Nigel Barker wasn't on it. I'm so excited to see the show's ratings just plummet.
June 16, 2012

Re: Tyra Banks is an idiot

• ANTM is getting rid of them or they're leaving? I could see them leaving, but WTF would ANTM get rid of them?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tyra-banks-is-an-idiot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dee9f2e-ce63-4c0e-82b2-88268cb0a023Post:1dd5fb6d-7675-46c2-87c7-28b5ead3233d">Re: Tyra Banks is an idiot</a>:
    [QUOTE]ANTM is getting rid of them or they're leaving? I could see them leaving, but WTF would ANTM get rid of them?
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

The article says, "According to <a href="http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/ugly_firings_on_model_show_jAR2Gfjsd9ip5WqR3Gmd6O" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">The New York Post</a>, Barker, Alexander and Manuel found out on Thursday that their contracts would not be renewed.". So it sounds like they are getting rid of them.
    June 16, 2012
  • Hmm, surprising. Well, you know they'll be on to bigger and better things.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im shocked people even still watch that.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH TYRA MAIL!!!!!!!! SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    gag me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tyra-banks-is-an-idiot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dee9f2e-ce63-4c0e-82b2-88268cb0a023Post:f102be3b-86b6-4ae8-acef-3cef4f3ab98e">Re: Tyra Banks is an idiot</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im shocked people even still watch that. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH TYRA MAIL!!!!!!!! SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! gag me.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'll admit it's horrible. I've never watched it "in season"..I always catch the old mini-marathons on Oxygen.
    June 16, 2012
  • I love marathons.  There are very few shows I actually watch when they come on, but whenever I'm sick and tired, I love vegging out with lame shows.
  • NebbNebb member
    I always liked their photo shoots and the end of the show when they look at the pics and its all dramatic and tyra makes them cry.
  • I have not watched it since about season 6.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Tyra and many of the contestants on that show are alllllll sorts of ridiculous (Tyra especially).

But that show is still one of my guilty pleasures (reruns...I never catch the shows new)

And I LOVE Miss J.  Mr. Jay is just okay.  But I can't believe Tyra would get rid of any of those 3.  

SaveSave
  • NebbNebb member
    I didnt like the one season where a girl winned and she actually had been a model before. That shiit wasnt fair.
  • I stopped watching the year Nicole won.  WHAT A FARKING IDIOT.

Also, Nigel = YUM.
  • I don't remember anything you guys are talking about, so I guess I haven't seen as many seasons as I thought I did. What is the show on? Season 245?
  • Zombienates, your dress is so gorgeous! where did you get it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker xoxo LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers image Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tyra-banks-is-an-idiot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dee9f2e-ce63-4c0e-82b2-88268cb0a023Post:4a927aae-c170-4f2b-a24e-d61357a18ee1">Re: Tyra Banks is an idiot</a>:
    [QUOTE]Zombienates, your dress is so gorgeous! where did you get it?
    Posted by Swindella[/QUOTE]
    Thank you :) That made my night!  It was a Demetrios and I found it at Macy's Bridal.  It was the very first dress I saw and I knew it was the one. Are you looking for your dress still? I had a really great experience with Macy's.
  • I have my dress already, but I saw your dress and thought *gasp* I want that! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker xoxo LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers image Anniversary
  • Oh, I'm so dumb--I didn't see your ticker and that you were so close! I'm sure your dress is stunning :)
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Yes, Tyra Banks is an idiot, but she's been making bad moves with the judges forever (getting rid of pretty much anyone who called her on anything). 

For those fans of NotedFashionPhotographer Nigel Barker, here he is in his model days:

YUM indeed. 

• Just a note to say I agree with the subject line of this thread without reservations. Modeling is one of those things people are suppose to do for a few years to make some money as a prelude to real life. 
  • Ha! I've never seen Nigel with hair like that.

Because I usually watch those marathons I must say I rarely make it to the end..I only know like 2 winners. Oops.

Also Zombienates not only is your dress gorgeous but that looks like such a cool venue.
    June 16, 2012
  • BLAH!

I've watched ANTM since its first season...but the last few seasons have gotten SO painful to watch.

Her All Star season was just her throwing the most irritating contestants together in an effort to create drama. I couldn't watch more than the first episode...

This season (US vs. UK) is just as irritating. I think Tyra just wanted a bunch of Brits in the house so she could listen to their accents. Tyra's always butchering different accents.

She's a nutjob. I think the show without Miss J, Nigel and Mr. Jay is pointless. It's not all about Tyra! I wouldn't be surprised if she makes herself the one-and-only judge from here on out.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards