Pre-wedding Parties

Helllllppppp!!!! bridal shower related

Okay so i'm co-moh and the bride just this week changed her wedding from the winter to the beginning of september.
Ummmmmm crap!!!!! so that gives me one month to plan the wedding shower. She won't be in town in august (as she is moving out of state) so the wedding will need to be the end of july. that gives me a month to plan it! i emailed the other bridesmaids and haven't heard back so i'm just gonna get to getting! 

Any easy ideas, themes? etc? Because i haven't heard back from the other girls i dont know what (if any) money they'll be ablet o give, so i dont want to spend like crazy on it. i'm just freaking out. She said she doesn't need to have one 'cause she doesn't want to stress me out, but i know she would really like one.

Please any suggestions would be so helpful!

Re: Helllllppppp!!!! bridal shower related

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You mean planning the shower, not the wedding, right?

Get a guest list from the bride, ask if any of the other BMs want to co-host (and give them a realistic amount of time to respond), and figure out what your budget is.  Then find a place where you can feed and entertain everyone within that budget.  This doesn't have to be stressful--you've got nearly 6 weeks.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • This and thatThis and that member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops. that's how panicky i was. fixed it.
  • scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, with the bride changing the date to such a close time, I would probably just skip a shower.  If she verbalized that she's okay without one, then I'd take her word on it.  Maybe focus on the bachelorette party instead so she has at least one pre-wedding party.
  • quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Showers don't need to be complicated and they don't need to have themes.  Just think of it like any other party you might host.  I see no reason why you couldn't do it in a month.
    Married 10/2/10
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_helllllppppp-bridal-shower-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:dfde945b-66c8-4403-8356-56f313c12bc7Post:28e2d265-cc71-4d7d-bc2d-fd435125e630">Re: Helllllppppp!!!! bridal shower related</a>:
    [QUOTE]You mean planning the shower , not the wedding , right? Get a guest list from the bride, ask if any of the other BMs want to co-host (and give them a realistic amount of time to respond), and figure out what your budget is.  Then find a place where you can feed and entertain everyone within that budget.  This doesn't have to be stressful--you've got nearly 6 weeks.
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

Ditto this exactly!

As far as themes, my shower was a Mad Hatter Tea Party and the hosts did a spectacular job putting it together. Other great themes I've seen are Hawaiian Luaus, Travel Shower (everything is themed around traveling and being on vacation/honeymoon), lingerie showers, etc.. but as a pp mentioned, it doesn't have to have a theme so don't stress over that if things are getting down to the wire. HTH!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Showers don't have to be huge~or even big and fancy~to be a shower.  6 weeks is more than enough time to plan.

My DD's shower was in our backyard.  It was a wine and dessert menu.  Each BM brought a favorite dessert and bottle of wine.  I provided a fruit and cheese platter to offset all the sweets, as well as strawberry lemonade and bottled water.

We borrowed a neighbor's tent, cleaned the house, set up some tables and chairs, and voila~a lovely shower. 

I think there were somewhere between 18-20 attending.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Just have a small low-key shower at your place for a few of her closest friends  It doesn't have to be stressful or expensive.  Don't let the bridal industry tell you that a shower has to be over-the-top.  It just doesn't.
  • edited December 2011
    E-mail the BMs again. Ask if they could each prepare an appetizer for the shower. They may respond more quickly to a specific request. Let MOB know the game plan, she might be willing to help out. Serve wine and soft drinks with the appetizers. Buy a cake for dessert. Keep the guest list small. You can do this if you keep it very simple.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_helllllppppp-bridal-shower-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:dfde945b-66c8-4403-8356-56f313c12bc7Post:a61ed9e9-48da-4531-a549-8dfa8ce0a76b">Re: Helllllppppp!!!! bridal shower related</a>:
    [QUOTE]Showers don't have to be huge~or even big and fancy~to be a shower.  6 weeks is more than enough time to plan. My DD's shower was in our backyard.  It was a wine and dessert menu.  Each BM brought a favorite dessert and bottle of wine.  I provided a fruit and cheese platter to offset all the sweets, as well as strawberry lemonade and bottled water. We borrowed a neighbor's tent, cleaned the house, set up some tables and chairs, and voila~a lovely shower.  I think there were somewhere between 18-20 attending.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>I was going to suggest a dessert shower too.  If you take the place of the MOB in this case and provide a couple of platters (fruit, cheese/crackers, veggies/dip) and some non-alcoholic beverages, then I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask the other BMs to bring big dessert and bottle of wine each.  GL!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards