Wisconsin

Madison Officiant

I'm getting married in October in Madison and thinking about using a judge or clerk. My problem is that the Dane Country Clerk's Office website only gives names and phone numbers and I don't really want to just start cold-calling people.  Has anyone used a judge or clerk that they would recommend? 

Alternatively I was looking at Rev. Joan Pape of Ceremonies by Design - has anyone worked with her?  And what were her prices like? 

Thanks!

Re: Madison Officiant

• edited December 2011
    Hi there,
    I'm getting married in July here in Madison, at Olbrich Botanical Gardens.  We are using Rev. Jim Engmann of Happily Ever After Weddings.  Him and his wife do wedding ceremonies, among numerous other things.  I am not sure how much you are looking to spend, but they have several options in different price ranges.  The one package allows you to pretty much create your own ceremony, which I thought was pretty cool.  The website for him is http://www.spirituallife.us/.  If you have any other questions, please let me know.  Congrats and Good Luck!!
  • EmilieP311EmilieP311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ran into the same problem.  I didn't want to cold call anyone either, so I only picked the ones with email addresses.  I emailed two and got a response back from one (Judge Daniel Koval) who will be doing our ceremony in September for $150.  I'm a little nervous because I haven't met him yet (and probably won't until the rehearsal), but he was quick to respond and his emails have always been pleasant.  I did google him and found an old website from when he ran for county judge so I at least know what he looks like.  HTH
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, that was really, really helpful!  Judge Koval emailed me back right away and he's been very nice and accomadating already.  Good luck to you both in the rest of your planning and best wishes!
  • edited December 2011

Hi angiemarie51504

I'm debating about using this company.  What is your experience with them?

Also, I'm kind of confused by their pricing, I saw there were several different levels of pricing, but is the most expensive one the one you get to use to get to design it yourself?  I'm kind of under the impression that they would take care of everything and I might not need to hire a day of coordinator.  Is this the case?

For people using a judge, are you hiring a day of coordinator to help with details (like music ques, when people should walk, etc) or will the judge help with that?  I'm very confused on how to make the ceremony run smoothly without a coordinator.  Any advice would be so helpful!

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Can you tell me the website you were on to find Judge Koval?  Thanks
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards