Maine

Bangor area Venue and Cater suggestions??

Does anyone know of any venues that you or others have used that you could suggest me looking into i have 2 places i found online but am looking for something not quite so costly. Also looking for either catering at the location or hire out.

Re: Bangor area Venue and Cater suggestions??

• edited December 2011
    Hi Amanda,
    I'm not sure all the venues you are looking for, but I am using I Do Spas for me and my girls. They are comming right to us for our hair, make up, manicures, and pedicures the morning of my wedding. They where at my girlfriends wedding day and they did all those services for her and us girls. They where so great. We where all able to stay together in the hotel and didn't have to go run around to a salon. I found all there info at www.idospas.com . Hopefully they still have your date available. Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    The two most popular venues in the Bangor area are the Spectacular Event Center and Morgan Hill in Hermon.  There is also Cascade Park in Bangor near the Hospital, It have a waterfall, gazeebos, bridges, and fountains. It is also right across the road from the Penobscot River.

The City Park Grille in Old Town is really nice. It is right on the river and the food and building are really nice.  There is also a gazeebo

The Lucerne Inn is also very beautiful, however, because the buildings were sold of to different owners but share the same lawn, you want to make sure that there isn't a wedding at the opposite site, or you might be listening to someone else's reception music as you walk down the aisle.

The Black Bear Inn in Orono is a very popular reception location.

Hope this helps a little. Also, there are several locations in downeast Maine, most only an hour or so from Bangor.

http://www.blackbearinnorono.com/

http://www.lucerneinn.com/

http://spectaculareventcenter.com/weddings.htm

http://www.morganhilleventcenter.com/?area=home
  • jowens020jowens020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bangor
    started TTC 5/10
    me: PCOS DH: low motility
    clomid 100mg - no response
    clomid 200mg +HCG+ IUI #1 5/1/11 = BFN
    clomid 200mg +HCG+IUI #2 5/31/11 = BFN
    Clomid/HCG/IUI #3 Cancelled Follistism + IUI x2 BFN Changed RE Moving on to IVF 11/2011
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone i have looked into a few of those places already and they are awesome suggestions! How is the Hilton for the reception? i was going to call them but haven't had the time yet to do so. I am planning something for around 100 guests. I'm not sure of much else yet just in the beginning stages of my planning still. Don't miss the bridal show next weekend at the spectacular events center! My mom is going with me i know that will help alot.
  • jowens020jowens020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hilton so far has been good (our wedding is in Sept). The ballroom holds up to 225.  I liked that our guest will be able to stay right there since outside my immediate family everyone will be travelling from out of town and will need to stay over.  Also the hotel is brand new (the ballroom just opened last March I think).  The wedding cooridinator there has been very helpful so far.  HTH.  GL!
    started TTC 5/10
    me: PCOS DH: low motility
    clomid 100mg - no response
    clomid 200mg +HCG+ IUI #1 5/1/11 = BFN
    clomid 200mg +HCG+IUI #2 5/31/11 = BFN
    Clomid/HCG/IUI #3 Cancelled Follistism + IUI x2 BFN Changed RE Moving on to IVF 11/2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks I will def. have to call them for an option at least the guest list keeps growing... I would like to go look at the hotel anyway I've never seen it and it looks very nice. Has anyone held a reception at a smaller venue before like a snowmobile lodge or a club of some sort? Just wondering how that would work out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards