Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dress Shopping

I am going to go dress shopping and I know I want to go to Crystal Bride in Geneva.  But want to try other stores as well.  Has anyone been to Here Comes the Bride in Addison,  THe Dress in Wheaton, or A Joyful Occasion in Naperville??
Thanks!

Re: Dress Shopping

• Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Crystal Bride and highly recommend the store--I've been extremely please with them.  I've been working with Heather there and she's absolutely wonderful.

I also visited:
    *White Satin Bridal in Plainfield (recommend them)
    *The Dress by Nicole in Wheaton (was just so-so for me--they were very hands-off there, in the sense that I had to help myself in and out of the dresses and felt very rushed there)
    *Bella Bianca in Oakbrook Terrace (was very nice, but they put me in a dress that was way more than the budget I told them, so that turned me off)
     *A Joyful Occasion in Naperville (really did not have a good experience there--we were there in December and they didn't turn the heat on untl after we got there, the owner left to get coffee midway through the appointment and I did not like the other sales associate at all.  Small selection)

I'd recommend Crystal Bride and White Satin.  Recommend Bella Bianca with reservations.  Do not recommend The Dress by Nicole or A Joyful Occasion

Happy shopping!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KATERS882KATERS882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi,

I had already bought my dress otherwise I would have looked at The Dress by Nicole.  I got my wedding shoes from that store through a couple of recommendations from my mom’s co-workers.  They have a variety of shoes including ballroom dancing shoes.  I couldn’t decide if I was going to do ballroom dancing shoes in a color or silver so I ended up buying both.  They are so comfortable and you can customize the heel height, color, style and much more.  Now I use one pair for ballroom dancing lessons (which we will continue to take after the wedding) and one will be for the wedding.  The owner of the store helped me out a lot and I can’t imagine she would be any different for wedding dresses.  They seemed to have a good amount of wedding dresses and bridesmaid and prom dresses.  A mother of the bride was shopping for a dress in there when I was looking at shoes.  It’s a cute store in downtown Wheaton.  I don’t know the price range of the dresses but I would recommend the store simply because the owner and the other staff were really helpful and nice.

Sorry this was long.  Hope it kind of helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also bought my dress at Here Comes the Bride. Of the 5 other places that I went it was by far my best experience. They did not try to sell me a dress that I didn't love or one that was way over my budget (an experience that I had in another store). I love everyone that works there. They have been so accomodating. My dress came in a month and a half early. I have been to try it on 3 times since it came in (I wanted to make sure that I would be able to wear my grandmothers necklace with the dress and I wanted my hiarstylist to see me in the dress)

After seeing the location, I never thought that I would buy my dress there. But looks can be decieving...I am so glad that I bought dress there and I would not trade my experience there for anything!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Here Comes the Bride.  it's nothing fancy, but the women who work there couldn't be nicer!  They listen to you and are very helpful.  When my dress came in (in only 2 months) and I went in to try it on there was a problem with it (manufacturer's fault - not theirs) and they immediately said they would order me a new one without me even suggesting it.  They remained calm about the whole situation which kept me calm.  I am so glad I ordered my dress there. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mspetitebridemspetitebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wedding dress shopping too. I went to Here Comes the Bride and even though it is not fancy looking or anything..I felt good because they were not pushy at all. I haven't picked a dress yet but I was glad that I wasn't bombarded with sales talk the whole time.

I also went to Crystal Bride...it is a very chic place. You will have a great time there...but try to go on the weekdays...their weekends book up fast!
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend The Bridal Boutique of Naperville.  Here is a review on WW http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/the-bridal-boutique-of-naperville-naperville/9588cf38e81b5698.html

Bonnie runs the place.  When you call, Bonnie will set up a time to try on dresses.  When you arrive, it is just you, your guest (s), and Bonnie.  She is amazing.  After I pulled several dresses, Bonnie picked up on my likes dislikes, pulled a dress on me, and that was the dress.  Bonnie doesn't pressure you and she just knows what she is doing.

With a budget of $1200 you can get just about any dress in the place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kellym050370kellym050370 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am another HUGE fan of Here Comes the Bride.  Do not let the ugly strip mall that it is in sway you.  Rose, the owner, told me that they know it's not fancy but if they moved to a different location, they would have to up their prices because rent is so high elsewhere and she doesn't want to put that pressure on the brides.  Diane helped me pick out my dress. I described what I wanted (a dress I had tried on somewhere else) and she found it right away and it was $400 less than the original store I found it at.  They have been great with my bridesmaids dresses as well.  Super friendly and unbelievably helpful.  I don't know about their alterations yet, as I don't have my first appointment until May.  Definitely check them out!
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get my dress at Here Comes The Bride but they are super nice and helpful. Not at all pushy and have a really good selection!
  • Options
    hlauinghlauing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards