Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Review of Excellence P. Cana

Hi Ladies..here is a review I did for TripAdvisor. Thought it may be of help since I stalked all the reviews until our big day..

My husband and I spent a week at the resort for our honeymoon. We had an Excellence Club garden room suite. While this has no effect on the hotel, yes the ride to hotel is an hour. We had a shuttle with GoGo Travels and we made no other stops on our way there or return. But please realize there are a bunch of other resorts that are that far out..even some further. Don't let this steer you away.

The Review
From the moment we checked in we didn't have to worry about a thing. Since we were apart of the Excellence club we were able to hang out there until check-in since we got in really early. I enjoyed the club during the week as a place to use the computer or grab a midday snack. Our room was nice and clean and we had no problems with the A/C. I like a hard bed but by the 5th day it became uncomfortable, I would suggest getting the pillow topper which we never did.

They clean the room at odd hours which can be a little frustrating but nothing serious. They refill the mini bar everyday and as a part of the excellence club we got a bottles of our choice. The food is good, for resort food. Toscana breakfast buffet is really good as well as the breakfast at the Lobster House. Barcelona was really good and the pizza wasn't that great to me. The BBQ lunch is very yummy!! Room service was really good but it took about an hour, which they do let you know in advance. The grill was consistently good..try the Dominican menu. Towards the end of the trip we each got a little stomach bug..probably a combination of too much food, heat and drinks.

DO NOT FORGET: Bug spray, sunscreen and pepto bismol..they will be your best friends. My husband got attacked at the Lobster House..so apply bug spray with deet and often!

Definitely take advantage of the activities and games they offer, you could even win something! We did kayaking, tried archery, used the game room and attended the Michael Jackson show. I heard the Circus show was nice but the were having sound/lighting issues that day. Make sure you get there early for the shows as the seats fill up.

Also, take advantage of the excursions, we did zip lining and the Saona island catamaran. Both amazing trips that made our time even better. We went to the spa which was really nice. Wait until you get there to schedule as they have daily specials

If you're honeymooners, let them know. You will get breakfast in bed, a romantic dinner and special treats throughout your stay.

The quality of service is apparent in all these other reviews, they truly go above and beyond and made our honeymoon unforgettable. We don't really like to go to the same place twice, but we will definitely try their other resorts!!!
~ Planning Bio~
~ Married Bio~
~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
All You Need Is Love....

Re: Review of Excellence P. Cana

• Options
    Nice review!Thanks for sharing...we considered Excenllence but decided on Secrets Maroma...partially b/c TA said is was so close to the airport, lol.

I love the signs in your siggy pic.  Did you make them?
  • Options
    We had a blast there too! Even though it wasn't out honeymoon we were treated wonderfully!
    Here's my blog about it! http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/35039/little-nervous-1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_review-of-excellence-p-cana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:b24dd8f5-7644-4c07-9be1-3c90618542aaPost:29d6bec8-1ee1-42c0-88e6-7373e8ca8584">Re: Review of Excellence P. Cana</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice review!Thanks for sharing...we considered Excenllence but decided on Secrets Maroma...partially b/c TA said is was so close to the airport, lol. I love the signs in your siggy pic.  Did you make them?
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

Thanks. No I ordered them from Etsy seller pertyfultings. Only like $13 with shipping and they say Thank You on the other side
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards