Re: AW Thursday

• dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great pics, Angela!

Glad to hear, Amanda!

No real WR AWs in my world this week...
  • edited December 2011
    Angela, I love your pics so much!  You two are just so cute together.

Amanda, said it before but seriously so happy for you and glad to hear that some that were cut may still have hope!

My AW is something I made for FI.  A little background: the first year we lived together I ordered this little box full of strips of cardstock that said things like you mean the world to me, I love that our story is so unique, GO Mavericks and other cute and mushy stuff along with I owe you type stuff too.  He got to open one per day for 60 days.  He has held onto the tin and strips ever since and I decided to get a picture frame and put the strips on it with one of my b-pics.  I am not a DIY kind of girl AT ALL so I am so proud of this!  Plus it just happens to be one of my fave pics from the session. (side note I hope no one is offended by my behind but its no more than you would see in a swim suit)

• edited December 2011
    That frame turned out really cool Bobbileigh!

Angela, I love love love the pics. The chalk photo is my fave :)

I have nothing today since I AW'd me weight accomplishment Tuesday.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This AW is not quite for me, but I'm really excited!

My SIL & her FI have finally decided on a destination wedding next May!!!  YAY!

Now my Brother is getting married in September, and they are getting married in May... more weddings for me to help with!  Wahoo!

now... when to have a kid is going to be tough to figure into this... hmph
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Angela, your pictures are awesome!  You two look so cute.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angela, those are precious!  Sooo cute!

Amanda, I am so happy that you got good news!

Bobbieleigh, that is so cute!  As a fellow non-DIYer I can understand your pride in that!

Michelle--yay!  Where is the DW going to be?

I am a month away from my birthday trip to Sedona with my sister!  I am counting down the days.
  • edited December 2011
    All I have is that we finished putting together our invites, as well as updated our bio.  Pic of invite is on bio page.

COngrats on all the AW's ladies!
    My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I thought it would be something cute to put on his nightstand both a little sexy and sentimental.
  • edited December 2011
    Angela-your pics are really cute! :)

My AW is the fact people are already wanting to RSVP and I don't even have invites yet! :-)  The lady who is doing mine said samples should be ready by the end of the week! So excited!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angela,
    I will have to look later but I like your picture on FB.  Edit:  those are great!  Chelsea does such amazing work!

Amanda,
    So you're changing schools?  I'm glad you have an awesome new dept. head like that.

Bobbileigh,
    That's really cute and your picture is awesome!

Congratulations to everyone on all their AWs this week!

Mine are:
    I'm going to see "Chorus Line" on Saturday night in Fort Worth and on Sunday, we're going with my dad and brother to see the Rangers play the Red Sox.  And I'll be starting a scrapbook for the trip that I took with my brother right before Christmas.  I'll be a crazy scrapbooking fool this weekend when I'm not doing other things.  I just put my brother's in an album because he's not a scrapbook kind of guy but mine will be awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    I have pics of our paintings but they are too large so it won't let me post them.  DH and I went to Painting with a Twist and did THIS painting.  When the owner asked DH "And you are?"  DH: "A bad artist."  We both think we did pretty well.

If anyone else is interested in partaking perhaps we could do a GTG here.  They have locations all over the metroplex and you can bring snacks and drinks and it's really relaxed and the teachers are funny.  I know, what is up with shortgirl and painting?  This would be the 2nd GTG that I've suggested and both have been artsy.

• edited December 2011
    Angela - Love the pics!   We took ours in DT Ft Worth when it was freezing as well.... I have deja vu looking at them!

Bobbileigh - What a great idea...and it turned out so cute!  Matt will love it!
  • edited December 2011
    Angela- You two are so cute!  I love the one with the blanket and the chalk!  But they are all great :-)

Bobbileigh- I love the frame!

This isn't an AW.....but apparently I left too early yesterday and missed all that drama that happened :-p

We did officially get our marriage license yesterday!  Woohoo!  And my bridal shower is this weekend.  I'm really excited to see everybody :-)

Anniversary

• lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Angela - Great pictures!

Amanda - I hadn't heard that you were safe, that is a relief and I am so happy for you.

Bobbieleigh - Cute and sexy. I think he will love it.

Congrats on the trip Steph, fun!

Angie - Yay for invites!

AW:
    For someone else -My cousin got accepted to Princeton yesterday (on his 18th birthday) with a FULL SCHOLARSHIP! His family is going through a lot right now, so this is the absolute best news.

For me - I bought new running shoes! These are now the most expensive shoes I own but I love them. You might remember that I was going to buy these for my 25 pounds lost reward, so there's that too. :)

ETA: Geez, I typed so slowly there are tons more AWs....so congrats to you girls too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw Angela I love your pictures! :)
  • tdqtdq
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angela, I LOVE the pics. Just adorable.

My AW is that I have One Act Play competition Saturday which means my stomach is in knots.
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge

Photobucket
    When we first started dating. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Angela- LOVE your pics! You look awesome, and I love your outfits, and the chalk!

Bobbileigh-ok, that idea about the strips of paper is adorable, and your FI is a very lucky man.

Amanda-glad to hear about the good news with your district. I'm assuming you didn't get cut...right...

Michelle- Ironic you say that about your SIL and her FI. My SIL and her FI are having a DW too next year, but we aren't so happy about it like you are. 

ETA: Leslie-I know what you mean about the expensive running shoes! I just bought some new ones too! OUCH on the wallet. But, they're so comfy and I wear them almost every day to school, too. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-81?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:ce9c9f01-ad09-40e7-85bf-0e80c6149527Post:94b32d1b-43a2-4827-a500-2b0933986483">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!  I love the chalk! I've already AWed my AW.  I talked to my new department head last night and she says she wants to hire some of the teachers who were cut.  =)
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

YAY I'm excited to hear there's some good news going on in the teachers circuit. My FSIL was just informed Tuesday that starting August she will no longer have a job anymore in PISD :(
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-81?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ce9c9f01-ad09-40e7-85bf-0e80c6149527Post:9271e052-a699-4895-a540-bdd3a70c8401">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW Thursday : YAY I'm excited to hear there's some good news going on in the teachers circuit. My FSIL was just informed Tuesday that starting August she will no longer have a job anymore in PISD :(
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Such a crappy situation. </div><div>
    </div><div>A friend of mine has been in and out of college for the last 7 years trying to finish her education degree, she is <em>finally</em> graduating in May, and now she more than likely won't be getting a job. Just stinks. 

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ashlee!! :-)

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Congrats everyone from the trips to DIY projects and marriage license and fun weekend plans.

What good news on the job front Amanda!

I forgot one: I got some new clothes at 70% off last weekend.  I got 3 pairs of pants and a shirt/sweater thing.

• edited December 2011
    I was enough of an AW yesterday :D

Angela - SO cute!  You guys make me get all giddy inside about ours next week!

Bobbileigh - *high five* What a cute little booty you have! I love the pic and how it turned out!

Amanda - Woohoo for jobs!  So glad to hear everything worked out for you.

Congrats on all the AWs ladies!
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to the Rangers vs Red Sox on Saturday with 2 girls from work!! Very excited!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I forgot one!

Last year, by this time, we might have sold ten prom tickets.  That's okay it was the first four days and we still had four weeks to go.  However, this year, we have already sold 50!!!!!  I'm so excited but also worried that we may have over 600 at prom.  If we do, I'll have no idea where to put them!

--From SNL a billion years ago!
  • edited December 2011
    I just noticed Julie got elevated to gold status. woot woot, big ballin over here. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI Sarah! :)

i don't really have a WR AW today. But i am excited that i'm in Plano and not the Downtown Dallas location. Two reasons being, I can knot, and I don't have to deal with the jerk up at that building that i almost punched in the face on Tuesday.

Oh! And i get to see an old co-worker today that i haven't seen in like 7 months! :D yay
  • edited December 2011
    Angela - Great pics!!

Everyone Else - Congrats on the AWs!!

Mine - I'm getting married this weekend!  WOO HOO
    Oh ya and thank goodness my Mom found a dress yesterday at Nordstroms!
  • edited December 2011
    Angela- Love Love your pics!
    Bobbieleigh- Great idea and looks great! YOU look great!
    Sarah- how exciting!!! I can't wait to see pics of your wedding!
    Amanda- I'm happy for the good news.
    Julie- Jealous of the game....

Congratulations on all your AWs...

I have one too... either this weekend or the weekend of the 16th my sister will bring my new puppy... Mateo!!! I can't hardly wait... I am hoping is this weekend. I will find out tomorrow.
  • edited December 2011
    Mandaroo... Wow its great. Can't wait to see pictures I am sure everything will look and be lovely.
  • edited December 2011
    I want to give my FI his wedding present!!  I've had the album for a while now and its so hard to not show him!  But now he said he doesn't want it yet because we don't have the money to buy me anything.  I said I don't need anything and still want to give him the pictures.  :-p

Amanda:  That is so exciting!!!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards