Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Questions to ask hair stylist/ MUA?

I'm in the process of finding someone to do my wedding hair and make-up, but I'm not quite sure what I should be asking the salon before I make any decisions. I'm 95% I will use a particular salon because they did hair for my sister's wedding, and they did a fantastic job. My sister hired a Chanel make-up artist to do make-up for the wedding party, but I'm fairly certain that will be way out of my budget. This salon also does make-up, so I'd like to consider them for that, but since I haven't had make-up done with them before, this is the area I'm the most uncertain about.

I know I should ask about pricing and whether they can also accomodate the bridesmaids and moms. I'm also interested in finding out when I can book a trial for hair and make-up, as well as pricing. That's all I can think of, but it feels like I'm missing something. What else have people asked potential hair stylists and MUAs? Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 6, 2012!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Questions to ask hair stylist/ MUA?

• Options
    Also ask what you need to do before hand.. like, when do they want you to wash your hair last before you come in? do they want you to air dry? or blow dry? do they want you to use any product in your hair? do you need to buy any hair accessories/fancy bobby pin covers/etc?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a MUA from the DC area.  I understand your concern for your big day.  One question should be if they will have the time to give your party their undivided attention for all services without interruption.  If you would like to do it seperate I will be more than willing to give you a make up consult and hopefully be your MUA for the wedding party and the beautiful bride.  I hope to hear from you soon!

Carmen
    MUA
    Glam Beauty
  • Options
    I am also a fellow bride to be / Makeup Artist / Past Salon Manager !! Haha  , It is so important to ask ALL the questions you may have up front ! I would also inquire to see if there are traveling fee's if you are thinking about using an outside makeup artist (usually there are) Also make sure that you arent missing out on an Bridal packages !! Sometimes Salons will pacakge all the bridesmaids and bride together to make a special deal right ?? I mean you are bringing in a big amount of business ! Most def wanna do your research too make sure that you like the work !! Sounds like you area already comfortable with the stylists ! Get your consultations so you rest at ease they might charge you but IMO its worth it ! Good luck !!

** Gabriella**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards