Plus-Sized

Honeymoon

Where is everyone going/went on their honeymoon?

We are going to Florida for a week and staying on the beach in a condo. We didn't have a lot of money but still wanted something nice. And we made a compromise with this since it is just a few hours drive away and where we are going is still very nice. Plus there won't be a whole lot of kids there since it will be right before most get out of school.

Re: Honeymoon

• We will also be "Honey-Mooning" in Florida (our home state). We are having our wedding down there as well. All of our family still lives there (Fort Lauderdale), so there is no other place we would rather be.We also are vacationing on a budget, so the Florida Beaches will be a nice getaway for the right price :-) I hope you all enjoy yourselves!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I are postponing our honeymoon for a year until after we've had some time to pay off major expenses. Right after the wedding we're probably going away to my parents' lake cabin for a couple days to relax but we don't really consider that a honeymoon, and we're hoping to go to Vegas next year. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Um...we are spending a couple of days in a hotel near Jacksonville, FL, and the rest of the time will be at his aunt and uncle's house....with them there!  Not super thrilled about it.  BUT it's what we can afford.  And we are going to do a "real" honeymoon trip to Disney after the first of the year sometime.  THAT I'm excited about!
    Anniversary
  • Lots of Florida vacations!  I will be flying to Tampa and getting on a cruise ship the day after our wedding.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN. It's about a 4 hour drive from us. I love that area. It's inexpensive to go, so that's really why we chose there and not somewhere else. Either way, I'm sure we will have a good time.
  • I likewise will have to put off a honeymoon till I can afford it. Maybe sometime in October, after we've paid everything off from the wedding, we can do a wine tour in Traverse City or something (It's only a couple hour drive from where we live, I can't take time off from work unless I don't want to get paid, so...yeah, kind of our only option right now)

It'd be nice for our year anniversary to do a big trip, but we'll have to save up for that.
  • We are going on a cruise.. My first time, so I am a little nervous. I've been on speed boats, boats in the middle of the La bayou, party bardges, and ferry's, so its not so much the boat thing I am scared about, but silly stuff, like not packing enough. And since I am not a size 4 I am afriad if I forget something I wouldn't be able to purchase it... Crazy things I worry about. I will probably have 3 suitcases just for me.. lol
  • We're trying to decided between a road trip to Minnesota from Florida or a cruise to the Caribbean. Since our wedding is in December we have to decide snow or sun. I vote snow but my FI isn't so keen on driving in it. hahaha
  • We are thinking about going on a cruise to the bahamas a couple months after we get married  since we can't get enough time off right away. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We spent a total of two weeks in Ireland (which is also where we got married).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have decided on a honeymoon in Ireland. I am so incredibly excited as Ireland has been on my "Place I Dream of Visiting" list for years.
    Anniversary
  • we are going to Honolulu two days after our wedding. we worked the honeymoon into our total wedding budget, and we're doing the whole thing for about 12000. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:441cdb22-d94b-4cfe-a311-52f5fed4ea92Post:7ab42238-f8a3-45e4-9641-2b7e0ad39ab0">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have decided on a honeymoon in Ireland. I am so incredibly excited as Ireland has been on my "Place I Dream of Visiting" list for years.
    Posted by BrooklynBride20[/QUOTE]

<div>oh cool!!  i would love to go there, too!!  my family (way back....) is scotch-irish so i would love to go to ireland and scotland!</div>
    Anniversary
  • We are waiting. All of our family's are coming from out of town, so we don't want to leave while everyone is here. We are trying to decide if we want to go a couple of weeks after when everyone leaves or wait tell next summer and have more money. He want's to go to Jamaca...I want Ireland.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I are doing a "stay-cation" in Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge.  We'll be acting like kids -- going to Dollywood (WITHOUT our kids) and riding all the "cool rides" and the train (things the kids don't want to do)!  We're thinking of taking a cruise to celebrate surviving year one - when we have a little more cash!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:441cdb22-d94b-4cfe-a311-52f5fed4ea92Post:eb3ccb2c-c208-4fc8-90f7-71e284cf0b2a">Re: Honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I are doing a "stay-cation" in<font color="#FFCC00"> Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge</font>.  We'll be acting like kids -- going to Dollywood (WITHOUT our kids) and riding all the "cool rides" and the train (things the kids don't want to do)!  We're thinking of taking a cruise to celebrate surviving year one - when we have a little more cash!
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]

OMG.. I love that area!!! when we were there about 8 to 10 years ago they had the most amazing 3 story go cart roller coaster thing! SO FUN!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards