Rhode Island

Chair Covers

I am getting married October 5, 2013 at a farm in CT.  While pretty much everything is included in our package that we are getting (including our cake), the chair covers and sashes are extra.  They want $6 a chair which comes out to be quite a bit of money for us since we are having about 120 guests.  I was thinking about possibly buying them online and then maybe selling them again afterwards but I am afraid that they might not fit.  Does anyone know any places in RI that you can either rent or buy chair covers from for a reasonable price?  I really would need a sample first to make sure they fit on the chairs.  I was told by the venue that they are standard banquet chairs with a square back.  I have to have chair covers because the chairs are not the prettiest and they don't go with out theme at all.  The other thing is by buying them from an outside place, I would have to put them on by myself.  Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Chair Covers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_chair-covers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:93a3f0b3-771d-4bc4-903b-e70d487b0c75Post:7435d530-cfbb-4e36-88fe-5eb196823c32">Chair Covers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married October 5, 2013 at a farm in CT.  While pretty much everything is included in our package that we are getting (including our cake), the chair covers and sashes are extra.  They want $6 a chair which comes out to be quite a bit of money for us since we are having about 120 guests.  I was thinking about possibly buying them online and then maybe selling them again afterwards but I am afraid that they might not fit.  Does anyone know any places in RI that you can either rent or buy chair covers from for a reasonable price?  I really would need a sample first to make sure they fit on the chairs.  I was told by the venue that they are standard banquet chairs with a square back.  I have to have chair covers because the chairs are not the prettiest and they don't go with out theme at all.  The other thing is by buying them from an outside place, I would have to put them on by myself.  Any ideas?
    Posted by millersox2184[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's $720 for chair covers/sashes. You can buy them online (linentablecloth.com) for like $3 and then maybe pay someone (do you have a DOC?) to put them on the chairs before the reception. Just a suggestion :)
  • My suggestion would be to skip them, no one will notice.  You will spend less to purchase the covers but then you have to iron them and arrange for someone to put them on, tie the sashes which takes quite a bit of time.  Just my two cents but the money can be better spent elsewhere.
  • Maybe look into RI Rentals. Is there someone that will put the sashes and chair covers on for you if you rent them outside of your location?
  • I am pretty sure I can find a few people from my family that will  be willing to help me put these on.  My sister got married a couple years ago and she bought her chair covers and sashes from an outside company and had to put them on herself.  There were us three bridesmaids and my sister putting them all on an hour before the wedding.  She was so stressed out about it and worried she wasn't going to be ready in time so I am not doing that.  I might go look at the chairs again to see how bad they really are and if there are tolerable, I might skip them.  If not, I will look into these places.  Thanks for all the help!!

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • sparkellyysparkellyy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    ido-details.com

She did my friends for cheap - they looked great too! Definitely worth looking into.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_chair-covers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:93a3f0b3-771d-4bc4-903b-e70d487b0c75Post:8cf7eb29-d97f-4300-84b7-29058970f344">Re: Chair Covers</a>:
    [QUOTE]ido-details.com She did my friends for cheap - they looked great too! Definitely worth looking into.
    Posted by sparkellyy[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards