Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Desperately seeking photographer

I am in need a photographer for a wedding in Manhattan Beach, California.  Part of my problem is that I am based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and am finding it difficult to judge the work online.  I am already well over what I expected to pay, but photos are really important to me, as I am sure many of you will agree.  I don't need a videographer, just a photographer.  Any thoughts, suggestions, ...?

Thanks!

Re: Desperately seeking photographer

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need a CA photog, I'd try the CA boards. This one is international.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Whatever you do, DON'T USE MJS/LINDELLE STUDIOS!

• Options
    brizzle145brizzle145 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My new husband (yay!) and I are wedding photographers based in Orange County. We've worked with many brides that are planning destination weddings.

If you need help with anything pertaining to the area (since we live here) or photography, let me know!

Our website is http://weddings.kennygrill.com
  • Options
    eringillilanderingilliland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a bad gig!  You get to see people on one of their most special days all the time.  If you don't mind my asking, what are your packages like?  Your pictures are beautiful.  There is a budget, though I do want these pictures to last forever.

Thanks!
    **I should mention too that I am originally from California so part of the wedding party is enjoying a destination wedding.  My family on the other hand is right there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should also check out my photographer, Corbin Kell, http://www.cobinkell.cc he told me he actually does a lot of destination weddings.  He really helped me plan out a lot for my big day and his prices are great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!
     elimurray photography is a great photographer. He is based out of Little Rock  and he does travel. He has done several of my friends' weddings and the pictures are just beautiful! I would recommend him to anyone. He is reasonably priced too! You can check him out at elimurray.com His blog has his current work. Facebook also has his current work. Good luck and Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also check out Unveiled Wedding.  www.unveiledwedding.com. Their pricing is downloadable on their webite, they are willing to work with your budget, and they have over 13 years of experience, and will travel from San Diego to LA.  They can also send you some full weddings to view so you can just the consistancy of a full day of coverage and not just the best of on the website.  Good luck!
  • Options
    maggielynn07maggielynn07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! I would love to help you out! I am based out of WI, but I am willing to travel! Check out my work here: www.mlphotoandesign.com . Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you!

I look forward to hearing from you!
    Maggie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards