Idaho

I'm at a loss... (Sorry - it's long...)

So we are on a shoe string budget - about $2000! (Well, we will have probably $3,000 - but the photos are most important to me, so that is most of our budget) I know it can be done - my sister did hers for under $500 (but hers was a very different feel than mine, and I think she really could have cared less about it - lol, I've been planning mine my whole life!)

So, I really need some ideas of very inexpensive places to have the ceremony and reception. We would like to use the little white chapel by Bronco Stadium here in Boise, that's only $50 an hour! But, they won't let you use the grounds for any sort of reception. I would prefer to have both in the same place.

The Boise Depot (my dream venue) has a special where you get 5 hours for $500, but there is deposits and all these extras. I think you have to have it catered (we were just going to have hors'devours (yep - I think I butchered the spelling on that one) ) that we make ourselves. Also, they don't allow pets (our dogs are like our kids. We weren't going to have them in the ceremony, but would like them in some of the pictures.

Sunday isn't an option because  a lot of our guests are Mormon, and I don't want to inconvience them by making them come to our wedding on a Sunday.

I really want an afternoon wedding, so Friday or during the week would also be an inconvience to people.

I would love to use a backyard, but our neighbors are jerks, my parents have a lot of trees, and chain link fences, so no privacy, and my fiance's parents have a pretty small backyard. (And it's either going to be in March or April)

Does anyone know of any secret places in the Treasure Valley that are nice and very inexpensive?

(Thanks for reading this long, venting post!) :)
image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone

Re: I'm at a loss... (Sorry - it's long...)

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the parks like kathryn albertsons park you can get that for cheap for the ceromony, they have a fountain area which is really pretty and then they have the park across the street that you can do the reception at and has tables and you can do what ever food you like. I can't remember how much but if you go to www.cityofboise.org and click on visiting boise at the top of the page and click parks and recreation then on the left click on reservations you can see all the parks and how much they cost. well hope this helps out. Good luck!
  • shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_im-loss-sorry-its-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:78Discussion:9cda1ed0-9475-4b46-87f0-abfcf844c29ePost:44de7330-ff88-4dfd-a5a8-68df182e2b83">Re: I'm at a loss... (Sorry - it's long...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked at the parks like kathryn albertsons park you can get that for cheap for the ceromony, they have a fountain area which is really pretty and then they have the park across the street that you can do the reception at and has tables and you can do what ever food you like. I can't remember how much but if you go to <a href="http://www.cityofboise.org" rel="nofollow">www.cityofboise.org</a> and click on visiting boise at the top of the page and click parks and recreation then on the left click on reservations you can see all the parks and how much they cost. well hope this helps out. Good luck!
    Posted by fairygirl86[/QUOTE]

The parks are about $85 to use, but you can't have any sort of reception there. If we were to have the ceremony and reception in two different places, we will probably use the chapel by Bronco Stadium. I would prefer to have both in the same place.

Thanks so much for your help! :)
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • AMRWildmanAMRWildman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the CW Moore Penthouse? We were going to have our ceremony and reception there before we finally decided on Woodriver Cellars. If I remember corectly the price was about $1000.00. But that was a quote for my wedding. Never hurts to check them out. My FI also suggested the Basque Center for the recption, it wouldn't be too expensive. A place I also looked at was the Shaksphere theater, I don't remember the price though.
    AMRWildman-Vook
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the parks and the state parks.  You have to leave by dusk so that puts a damper on the evening reception but in the summer its light for a long time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards