Canada

Dress alterations

Hey everyone,

So it's getting close to the time where I've got to take my dress to be altered and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much it would cost?  I know there's no set price but I'm looking for general ideas and if any Winnipeg brides know any talented (and budget friendly) seamstresses.

What I need done:
- The bust needs to be taken in about 2 inches
- some of the beading needs to be tightened
- I'd like to have cups sewn in so that I don't have to go through the hassle of getting a strapless bra that won't piss me off

For reference I have a pic of my dress posted on the luxury board.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress alterations

• edited December 2011
    This really depends on your seamstress, the type of fabric of the dress, type of beading ect.... Many seamstresses do an hourly cost as well as cost for alteration.
    Including the cost of good quality cups I'd say (that with the seamstresses I've worked with) anywhere between $75 and $200+. As you said though, it really does depend on the seamstress (ones that work out of their homes can usually be cheaper because they don't need a store front). Also, if budget is a problem try a local college or university fashion design or seamstress trade department, they may have students willing to help you for a fraction of the cost. Good luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards