Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Bride's Entrance Song! Help!

I am completely stuck when it comes to my entrance song. I want something pretty and emotional and somewhat off the beaten path (no "Here Comes the Bride" or Canon in D). I REALLY like piano arrangements, so I'm having a lot of piano music for the prelude and the bridal party's entrance. However, my mom thinks that my entrance music should be a little different and more upbeat than the music that played previously and I agree. Any ideas? I'm not thrilled with Vitamin String quartet, by the way, I like piano or some other instrument thrown in there along with the strings. Help, help, help! Am I being too picky?

Re: Bride's Entrance Song! Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Having the same problem....good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem.  My little sister found the perfect song for me.  It is called Fiction and is by Belle and Sebastian.  It was a romantic, instrumental peice that was the perfect solution for someone looking for something other than the traditional songs.
  • Options
    mjeanc09mjeanc09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the song Marry Me by Train, without the lyrics of course. It makes me cry :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check some music from pride and prejudice.  i'm having the moms walk in to "dawn"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vYY0aRH46I .... you coudl time it so your girls walk in first, and you come in about 1:30 into the song.

For my girls and me though, I'm walking in to Clair de lune (if i can make it through listening to it without weeping! haha). the girls will start, and i'll start walking around 2:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!!!! :)
  • Options
    roscoeferroscoefer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used "Marry Me" by Train, and when he first says the words "Marry Me" in the chorus I had arrived at the altar.  The timing couldn't have been better.  It was perfect and it wasn't too popular yet, for many people it was the first time they'd heard it.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to use Marry Me for my entrance song but I like the traditional music as well.   Did you use traditional music for the rest of your wedding party and your recessional or what did you use?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I walked down to Moon River (instrumentals) :)  It's a fave of mine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW, thank you for suggesting Pride and Prejudice, because I just realized that "Stars and Butterflies" will be perfect for my bridesmaids to come in to!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yiruma is a great pianist if your still looking!  'River flows in You" is my favorite

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards