Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Best foundation for flash photography???

I am planning on doing my own makeup and am wondering which foundation is the best for flash photography. I have such a fear of having that "white cast" in my photos. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

Re: Best foundation for flash photography???

• We cant answer that. We dont know your skin type.

The best thing to do is to start trying out some foundations and start taking some pictures.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • After asking around, doing research, and talking to Sephora workers, I have found two of the Makeup Forever foundations to be good for photography/weddings: Makeup Forever HD (popular one for normal skin for light-medium coverage) and Makeup Forever Mat Velvet (medium to fuller coverage but not super heavy for combo/oily/problematic skin or even normal skin on a hot summer day's wedding). 

I have tried both and because my skin is more on the oily/problematic side, I chose Makeup Forever Mat Velvet.  It gives you this beautiful powdery finish and powder blushes/eye shadows go over it so beauitfully.  As long as you are color matched properly, the photos should come out great--you can search the blogs here, many ladies have used and liked both!

The only warning I give you is if you get the Makeup Forever HD finishing powder as well, go super super light and buff buff buff b/c while that is supposed to hide imperfections on camera, that can end up looking chalky/light real fast!

In the end, whatever foundation you go with, I was told AVOID any foundation with ANY SPF IN IT--that definitely gives a ghost cast in most cases.  Also, I'm a big fan of mineral powder but I was told mineral powders are too reflective on camera so that is a no no as well.

Good luck!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_best-foundation-for-flash-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:6b6e2e52-e53c-4f32-87a0-2baf1a1a1605Post:7369aadd-3e66-4837-9832-9a669f901bb1">Re: Best foundation for flash photography???</a>:
    [QUOTE]After asking around, doing research, and talking to Sephora workers, I have found two of the Makeup Forever foundations to be good for photography/weddings: Makeup Forever HD (popular one for normal skin for light-medium coverage) and Makeup Forever Mat Velvet (medium to fuller coverage but not super heavy for combo/oily/problematic skin or even normal skin on a hot summer day's wedding).  I have tried both and because my skin is more on the oily/problematic side, I chose Makeup Forever Mat Velvet.  It gives you this beautiful powdery finish and powder blushes/eye shadows go over it so beauitfully.  As long as you are color matched properly, the photos should come out great--you can search the blogs here, many ladies have used and liked both! The only warning I give you is if you get the Makeup Forever HD finishing powder as well, go super super light and buff buff buff b/c while that is supposed to hide imperfections on camera, that can end up looking chalky/light real fast! In the end, whatever foundation you go with, I was told AVOID any foundation with ANY SPF IN IT--that definitely gives a ghost cast in most cases.  Also, I'm a big fan of mineral powder but I was told mineral powders are too reflective on camera so that is a no no as well. Good luck!!!
    Posted by KristenMarie163[/QUOTE]

This was incredibly helpful! I will look into it this weekend! Thanks again :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_best-foundation-for-flash-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:6b6e2e52-e53c-4f32-87a0-2baf1a1a1605Post:f2c68626-4f71-42e0-b70e-36e7e8012499">Re: Best foundation for flash photography???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best foundation for flash photography??? : This was incredibly helpful! I will look into it this weekend! Thanks again :)
    Posted by Ldeleon18[/QUOTE]

No problem! Hope you find what you like! As someone who's been going through it, I know it can be overwhelming because there are so many out there :)
  • Dior Airflash is my absolute favorite, it's a little pricey but the soft/pearly texture and full coverage is amazing. I also really like MUF Mat Velvet & Finishing Powder as PP suggested :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_best-foundation-for-flash-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:6b6e2e52-e53c-4f32-87a0-2baf1a1a1605Post:0768e9a8-68dd-446b-a2fc-97b2e553fc41">Re: Best foundation for flash photography???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dior Airflash is my absolute favorite, it's a little pricey but the soft/pearly texture and full coverage is amazing. I also really like MUF Mat Velvet & Finishing Powder as PP suggested :-)
    Posted by MissKristenWed84403[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your input! I'm glad there's another person who seconds the MUF Mat Velvet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards