Connecticut

Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!!

My fiancee John and I got engaged about 3 weeks ago after 2 years of dating! I was ecstatic, but then realized that we are embarking on a tremendous journey to have everything organized for a wedding of 250 people in no more then a year. I personally do not like the idea of being engaged for more then a year, it just does not work for me personally.

As we live in West Hartford, John and I started looking in the immediate vicinity at places like The Society Room, the Aquaturf and The Farmington Club. None of the places had the date that we had available, so we were a bit dissapointed. Fortunately, one of our friends mentioned a new venue in the area called Farmington Gardens right on Route 4 in Farmington.

This past weekend John and I scheduled a private tour of the facility and were impressed from the moment we pulled into the driveway! The building has tons of rustic charm and beautiful gardens. We met with Phil the event coordinator/manager and he gave us a tour of the place. We were told it was recently renovated by the new owners who said it was a former garden center. What really caught my eye during the tour was the greenhouse that was converted to a cocktail/reception area. The space is absolutely gorgeous with beautiful garden views and Chinese lanterns! The chandeliers and exposed beams in the main room truly make the space breathtaking!

What sealed the deal for our deposit was the fact that we will be the only party scheduled for our big day, even though it is a Saturday in July!

I highly recommend checking out Farmington Gardens if you are looking for immediate availabilities as they are a newer venue and just started booking dates a few months ago. They are directly across from the driving range on Route 4 in Farmington. Their address is 999 Farmington Avenue and I dealt with Phil!

I look forward to using this board for advice on the planning process!

John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!!

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Sounds awesome- I was just looking at their pics on Facebook.   Looking forward to hearing more details!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! That picture of you and your husband kissing is awesome with the clouds. It looks like a heart formed by the clouds!
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great!!! Venue is the biggest check yet!! Congrats! 
    Anniversary
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_venue-picked-farmington-gardens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:93346164-d880-488f-8bba-4a450645f1bdPost:08a3aa86-45b9-4689-81b0-c788c08bc3a5">Re: Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! That picture of you and your husband kissing is awesome with the clouds. It looks like a heart formed by the clouds!
    Posted by Csam1983[/QUOTE]

• edited December 2011
    I'm still getting used to calling my boyfriend my fiancee! It is a great feeling though knowing you are embarking on the journey of a lifetime together!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_venue-picked-farmington-gardens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:93346164-d880-488f-8bba-4a450645f1bdPost:d4d64734-defb-4a85-9f57-703afde64505">Re: Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!! : Thanks :)  Still weird to read "your husband" haha
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    I drove by there the other day and wondered what it was now. Congrats on getting a venue selected that is such a huge and exciting check!! The only negative thing I have to say about that area is in the dead of summer the sewer plant is only a couple of doors down and it can be pretty overwhelming and smelly so hopefully that wont be an issue for you.. and the smell of the gardens will overpower that!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • cdbishopcdbishop member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Very exciting to have the venue booked.
  • Mandafly84Mandafly84 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that's great!!  Congratulations!  The venue sounds beautiful... I need to start looking haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    <div class="Discussion_UserInfo">
    <div id="TKKnoticles"> </div> </div> I thought the same thing when I first drove to the place. There wasn't even a hint of smell in the air when I took the tour and it was stifilingly humid. I doubt it will be any issue! I still can't believe I am gettting married!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_venue-picked-farmington-gardens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:93346164-d880-488f-8bba-4a450645f1bdPost:b3cde1cd-3080-4d4f-9b9f-95d3cceae978">Re: Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I drove by there the other day and wondered what it was now. Congrats on getting a venue selected that is such a huge and exciting check!! The only negative thing I have to say about that area is in the dead of summer the sewer plant is only a couple of doors down and it can be pretty overwhelming and smelly so hopefully that wont be an issue for you.. and the smell of the gardens will overpower that!!
    Posted by Amylynn1022[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    Good glad to hear that it wasnt an issue!!! plus it being in a garden im sure they will have some pretty smelling flowers to deal with that anyway!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  What a great check!  The ladies on this board are very helpful :)  Good luck with the rest of your planning!
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement, and the venue! I think that booking the venue is one of the biggest "checks"...you must feel great! Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I am have an appt with Phillip 2 weeks from now for our Fall 2012 wedding. Does this faclility also offer packages with a range of open bar and menu options? I would love to  hear more.
    Thanks
    Katie
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Yes they do have many options! Phil explained everything to us pretty well and really reitterated that they will cater to your every whim! We are actually doing a menu item that they did not have! Phil really bent over backwards to cater to our needs! Private message me if you want to get into real specifics!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_venue-picked-farmington-gardens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:93346164-d880-488f-8bba-4a450645f1bdPost:0097c746-acec-40ab-b7c0-f168f882224b">Re: Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am have an appt with Phillip 2 weeks from now for our Fall 2012 wedding. Does this faclility also offer packages with a range of open bar and menu options? I would love to  hear more. Thanks Katie
    Posted by kbryant629Wed225254[/QUOTE]
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! That looks like a beautiful venue--LOVE that "greenhouse" room!
    Welcome to the board, have fun planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mandi0320mandi0320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want to scare anyone, because it does seem like a nice place.  But please don't disregard the comments about the sewer treatment plant.  I drive by it every day and trust me when I say that sometimes it STINKS.  It has nothing to do with the heat and humidty, in the dead of winter you can drive by one day and randomly it will stink.  That being said, its not all that often, just one day once every couple of weeks, maybe even longer.  I have never noticed a pattern as to when it happens, as far as I can tell its random, but when it happens its terrible even just driving by.  I just want everyone to know what they are getting into, because when we heard what they were changing it into that was the biggest concern that my husband and I had.
    That being said, congrats on picking your venue, I have never been inside, but it looks lovely and I love the look of that greenhouse, from the outside it looks really cool.
  • SoonToBeKLRSoonToBeKLR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there too!!!  Not until October 2012, but we booked it before they even opened so we are giving them plenty of time to work out their "kinks".  The grounds are so beautiful and I can't wait!!!! 
    Good luck with all your planning and congrats!!!
  • careyhas724careyhas724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the process of signing a contract with them as well for June 2012! I can't wait, it is such a beautiful property! If anyone gets married there before June feel free to shoot us a response on how it all went.
  • Did you end up going with them??  I was thinking about using them but want to hear others experiences. Thank!!

In Response to <a href="http://hartford.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_venue-picked-farmington-gardens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:93346164-d880-488f-8bba-4a450645f1bdPost:ddd1cab3-95e5-4a7c-bd13-73e10b469e3c">Re: Venue Picked! - Farmington Gardens!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in the process of signing a contract with them as well for June 2012! I can't wait, it is such a beautiful property! If anyone gets married there before June feel free to shoot us a response on how it all went.
    Posted by careyhas724[/QUOTE]
  • Hi everyone,

Has anyone has their wedding at Famington Gardens yet? I was just wondering cause I was thinking about going here, but want to hear what others have to say about it. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards