Virginia
Options

Reception Venues - Hampton Roads

Does anyone have recommendations or suggestions for reception venues in the Hampton Roads area?

So far....I'm not impressed *ick*

I'm open in regards to budget for the time being not going to limit myself until I'm able to see some good spots.

I prefer something different, electic or vintage. 10/22/2011 is the date.

Absolute NO hotels.

My niece, Kennedy Alivia, Cancer SURVIVER!!!! God works miracles - Daily! image

Re: Reception Venues - Hampton Roads

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I booked Botanical Gardens. We have Baker Hall. It over looks a beautiful pond and fountain in the distance. It was only $2,800 just for the venue. It is breath taking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @joiner....wow that really is not bad at all. I'd considered them also but then we had to coordinate caterers and such...blah, blah too much! That's just me Ilike things all inclusive...but Botanical Gardens are gorgeous I can't wait to see your pics!
    We found a kind of out of the way BnB in Historic Newport News we are going to look at on Saturday. We can get the usage of the whole inn including guest rooms for like $1500.00. But it fits the "theme" of my weding which is like Steel Magnolias and Sweet Home Alabama. I want a real elegant and contemporary Southern style wedding....I think my concept will work. My mom agreed she's excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and I'm curious...how many guest are you anticipating?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Contemporary Art Center of Virginia!

We're getting married in the Rodriguez Pavilion and having the reception in the Atrium.  The event coordinator over there is amazing, too.  She has all sorts of wonderful ideas and suggestions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try this location, it sounds like it's exactly what you are looking for... www.primoevents.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the follow up and suggestions! I found a place today! yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_reception-venues-hampton-roads?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:236Discussion:5e335941-9b27-4fcc-aea5-987356176d3bPost:cb91b12b-feeb-40d8-89d5-fce236baff84">Re: Reception Venues - Hampton Roads</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks for the follow up and suggestions! I found a place today! yay!
    Posted by kenyasobeautiful[/QUOTE]

Congrats!  Where is it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem.  I'm from back there but now live in SoCali.  My parents want me to have it back there but i have no idea where! Ours is spring 2012 so we have loads of time to plan, yet I have a feeling it'll go by super fast.  Keep us posted on your plans. I'd love to know how you're doing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are anticipating 135
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards