Moms and Maids
Options

Mothers' attire

Wedding in January '12, mid afternoon, church ceremony.  Mother of Bride is looking at short (knee length) dress.  She is also petite and about 5'.  I am Mother of Groom, 5'6'' and average build.  If M.O.B. chooses short dress, would it be inappropriate of me to choose a long dress?  F.Y.I. bridesmaids are in long dresses

Re: Mothers' attire

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You can choose whatever dress you would like to wear.  When my sister got married our Mom wore a long dress while the MOG wore a short dress.  It only really matters what you are comfortable with...so if you prefer a long dress or like long dresses over shorter ones then go for it!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wear what you're comfortable in.  My mother wore a long dress and my MIL wore a knee length dress.  Everyone looked great.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The MOB and MOG do not have to match or complement each other or the wedding party in length, syle or color. Just stay away from any shade of white or ivory because that it still frowned upon by many.

• Options
    edited December 2011

What all of them said....up there!

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    firechick83firechick83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all the PPs!
    image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs!  My MIL was concerned about feeling out of place because my girls and mom were in tea-length and she found a long dress she liked.  I told her if nothing else I'd be in a long dress!  She looked beautiful and I don't think it looked disconnected at ALL to have different lengths (even when she, my mom, and my dad walked out in the recessional together - only photo where you see the bottom of both moms' dresses - pics in bio)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards