April 2012 Weddings
Options

How long is to long?

So my photog is switching locations so right now they only communicate through email.  We wanted to have our engagement pictures done in May/June on the beach before it's 90 and the beaches get super crowded. 

I emailed them once about setting it up they said they would have to check the schedule and get back to me.  They never did, so I emailed them again and told them even week days would work for us (being worried that weekends would be busy with weddings).  This was almost 2 weeks ago and still no response. 

At what point does this become ridiculous?  I know they're moving but they said that May/June would be fine when I gave them my deposit. They came highly recommended from many people but now I'm getting upset.  Is this how they'll be with getting my pictures back to me?  Even if they're not sure on a date how hard is it to get back to me with something instead of leaving me hanging.

Re: How long is to long?

• Options
    I'd be annoyed, too.  Especially since May is right around the corner.  But they are moving, so try to be patient... and maybe try calling instead?  I'd start contacting them a little more frequently via phone and email now.

sorry you're dealing with this!
  • Options
    I would definitely be frustrated with that too.  I agree with PP, you should try calling instead. 
  • Options
    I am currently having the same problem with a DJ so I feel your pain. My best advice to you is to keep calling but also be aware of your timeline. I know May is right around the corner so it might be time to start calling around to other photographers just in case this one falls through. I actually started calling new DJs today. So keep your head up and keep us posted. I hope everything works out for you.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I hate emailing but since they're moving they have no phone.  I love that they say this because I'm sure it wouldn't kill them to give a cell phone number out.  I'm going to resend my email and give them another week.  I'm also going to be interviewing different photogs so if they don't respond I have a back up plan.
  • Options
    So they got back to me with one date that they're available in June.  It's a Tuesday afternoon, we both work...we took it regardless because I'm not playing email tag with them.  I'm glad they asked for our available dates (I gave them roughly 15) and they didn't use that list.  Let's hope this isn't a bad sign of things to come from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards