Missouri-St Louis

DIY Invitations?

Any suggestions on where to get supplies for dyi invites? I'd like to do pocket inviations with 2 or 3 inserts along with the response card. The ones I looked at at Walmart were very cheap looking. The pocket paper was very flimsy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DIY Invitations?

• edited December 2011
    check out stlweddotcom there are a lot of helpful people and tips there.
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my invites from Michaels.  Mine aren't the pocket style - just a tall orange invite and it came with a 'fancy' envelope and RSVP card.  I know, thought, that Michael's sells the "brides" brand - and they've got kits -- they're cute!
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • ckcurlsckcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.paperandmore.com - my best friend ordered through them and was happy with them and their prices.
  • edited December 2011
    I just ordered some samples from paper and more and am so excited for them to come so I can put some mock-ups together! I looked around as well, Walmart, Michaels, etc, I couldn't find anything I liked really either...and now I have some ideas for mine...so we'll see if they turn out well!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Got my paper from Hobby Lobby. They often have 50% off sales. Paper seemed to work well even for RSVPs coming back through the mail.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Archiever's too.  They have a bunch of pre-cut and coordinating pocket invite supplies.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • marisellagmarisellag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We just got ours from Walmart because I didn't want to spend a ton of money on something that's going to get thrown away and the paper is actually alot more sturdy than I thought.Also, I'm not sure if you've thought about printing for the invites, but we took ours to a place in Florissant and got them back the same day and they were extremely cheap. They were only $0.15 per invitation and like I said, we got them back the same day we took them and they look great!

• jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CardsandPockets dot com has great pocketfolders. You can also get the paper for the inserts, patterned wraps for belly bands, and monogram squares for the belly bands.  You can buy samples, and they run good sales periodicall.
  • edited December 2011
    I made my own pocketfold invitations with stardream paper. I got a ream of it from www.paper-papers.com. I cut, folded and glued them just fine.  They came out to look the same as the ones you see at envelopperinc.com but they were about $50 cheaper and I had paper left over to do other design stuff too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards