November 2013 Weddings

DJ or Live Band?

Which would you prefer, a DJ or a Live Band and why?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ or Live Band?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_dj-or-live-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:d155e96d-a235-4409-8369-2291695c7814Post:74c350a9-2e58-48f0-b35f-6c8c433157e2">DJ or Live Band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which would you prefer, a DJ or a Live Band and why?
    Posted by Shifsgirl[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on your wedding and the feel you want. We are having a band, that normal for a wedding for us. But I do like a DJ as well.
  • We can't seem to make up our mind on this one! The in your face live action that a band gives off is awesome, but a dj knows how to keep the party live and jumping. They both are great, but it's like, should we spend money on both or is one enough?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_dj-or-live-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:d155e96d-a235-4409-8369-2291695c7814Post:6c301d57-1832-4bc6-b2bf-da0d67442cc6">Re: DJ or Live Band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We can't seem to make up our mind on this one! The in your face live action that a band gives off is awesome, but a dj knows how to keep the party live and jumping. They both are great, but it's like, should we spend money on both or is one enough?

Both is awsome, but can be an added expense. I love the idea! I wanted that but the band is already so much that it just wasnt worth the extra expense. Go listen to bands and see what you like and listen to DJ's too. A good band can be a lot of fun. Our band is great and does keep the party going! Go have fun party and see what fits you best!
  • I think we'll end up with a DJ... it's a lot cheaper here at least, and I am not familiar enough with Houston bands to make a decision (and won't really have time to go check them out)...

Most of my family weddings have had a band but recently there was a DJ, and I think most of my friends' weddings have had DJs. I like being able to pick the exact version of a song, and know what it'll sound like. BUT of course bands are awesome. I just think it's not worth the extra money in my situation since I probably wouldn't know the band :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're having a DJ, but I've been to weddings that had a great band.  Some are cheesy though, so you need to know what you're getting. :)  DJ is much cheaper!
  • Anybody considered having a live band for the cocktail hour and then a dj for the reception? I really need to check the local music scene out :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have thought about having a band and when they take a break or need a break, playing random music from an ipod. Just an idea!
  • My Fience and I chose a DJ and we already booked him last month since i am having a NYC wedding i needed to book early because all of the Good DJ's go fast so my advice if you live in a bigcity et on it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_dj-or-live-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:d155e96d-a235-4409-8369-2291695c7814Post:2bd48fa7-bebd-4e05-a9da-1b404ca0ec75">Re: DJ or Live Band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anybody considered having a live band for the cocktail hour and then a dj for the reception? I really need to check the local music scene out :-)
     yon need to check with your reception venus they might incluge coctail hour music mine did i was plesently susprised 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards