Wisconsin

Churchill Limos??

Does anyone know anything about this vendor?  I am looking at a limo tomorrow and am hoping that someone has heard some reviews.  They are giving us a good price if we book with them, but I want to know about customer service.  TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Churchill Limos??

• edited December 2011

I havent heard anything but I am also needing to figure out transportaion soon. I am interesed to know what you think after you meet with them.

344image 200image 144image 0imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol, I came on this board to post my vendor reviews, and Churchill was our limo company.

They were great.  We had the 14-16 white Escalade limo for transporting the bridal party to the church, then from the church to the hall.  The driver was on time, and was in fact early for pretty much everything.  The car was clean and well stocked, and our driver (I think his name was Luis?) was a really nice guy.  He ran in and out of the church for us when we (me and the bridesmaids) got to the church to make sure I could get in to the church without anyone seeing me, and mind you - I got married on December 11, so all that running around he did he did in the rain!

We also had booked the Town Car to come pick my husband and I up from the hall and take us back to the hotel, because we didn't want to have to worry about driving ourselves or making someone else drive us.  By that time of night, it was snowing pretty hard and the wind was blowing really bad.  I was concerned because the car was about 5 minutes late, but when it pulled up...they had sent the 16 passenger black Escalade to come get us.  It was awesome to be able to stretch out on the seat, and the driver was fantastic in all of the crappy snow.

The **only** thing I didn't like was that one of my groomsmen accidentally broke one of the champagne flutes that was in the white Escalade, and we were charged $25 for it.  That seemed like waaaaay too much for a champagne glass you can get from, like, Wal-Mart for $5, but oh well.  I'd still recommend Churchill to anyone.
  • edited December 2011
    Carrie - I saw the 14-16 passenger white escalade.  It was beautiful!  You can tell they really take good care of their vehicles.  I was disappointed when I got there though and was told a different price than what I was originally quoted.  This, in the end of things, made us decide to not go with them since it would've costed us over $800 with tip.  I can't justify spending that much on transportation.  I had specifically said in my email that I  need transportation service from 11am-3pm for my 6/18/11 wedding and she quoted me a special rate of $126/hour, plus an automatically $100 gratuity for the driver which totaled $604.  I thought this was a spectacular deal and was so excited, but then when I got there she thought I was wanting a "night out on the town" in June and the special rate was only for after 6pm.  She told me a daytime wedding would've been $189/hour, which is absurd in my opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Churchill for our limo. They take very good care of them and I think they have great customer service.

To be fair, when we were going over our contract Rosemary did tell me that we shouldn't use their glass Champagne glasses and they would put plastic ones out for us to use. She said it's hard to get them clean in enough time (they don't have the ability to do it at their shop) & if we did use them there would be a fee to clean them & also a fee to replace broken ones. I don't remember the amount, but longstory short I was made aware of any/all possible fees. I do have to say that $25 is a bit much for 1 glass & I will definitely not be using their glasses on our wedding day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...I definitely wasn't told anything about a fee for breaking the glasses, nor was I offered plastic flutes.  I would have remembered something like that, and told my bridal party to bring their own flutes if I had been told it would be $25 for a broken one, lol.

I paid $126/hour for the white Escalade for my wedding, and I'm pretty sure I had the limo from 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm...it was the "special" rate for booking at a bridal show (I think I booked them at the show at the former Midwest Center, but I'm not 100% positive on that).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards