Texas-Austin
Options

My latest DIY

This board seems to be a bit boring at the moment for me so I am posting my latest DIY. Fiance and I had fun making these crayons. We ended up with 20 blue and 20 orange. They are a 6in across and about 1/2in think. They are favors for the kids who come. I am going to tie black and white ribbons around one blue and orange crayon to make a set.

http://madincrafts.blogspot.com/2009/11/cheap-kids-stocking-stuffer-or-gift.html

We used a very small pocket knife to cut a line through the paper of the crayons. It made it much easier to peal them. We also used around 6-8 crayons per mold. Our oven was set to 225. They were in the oven for 30-40 mins. Size of the pieces depends on how fast they melt. Took them out and let then solidify some on the counter. Then moved them to the freezer so they would get solid faster (I only splurged on one silicon cupcake tray)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My latest DIY

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wow! they turned out so cute and those are our wedding colors...i might have to try this to put in the kiddos play bags we're doing! great job!
  • Options
    treenastaatstreenastaats member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you just have a bunch of blue and orange crayons on hand or is there a place to get specific colors in bulk? I love this idea!
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did have a bunch of blue, orange, black, white, and gray crayons just cluttering up the place. A year ago I did a photo project with crayons. I went to walmart and bought Twenty-four 24 packs of crayons. It didn't cost much since it was back to school time like it is now. No idea if you can find crayons in bulk.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards