New Jersey

Shoes

How are you deciding on what kind of shoes to buy for your wedding?

Re: Shoes

• I want purple shoes. We are doing a Mardi Gras Wedding and i just want them to be bright, fun and comfortable.
  • I'm a shoe person in general - as I like to buy nice, high end shoes. But, for my wedding, I went with a pair of nice, flat-ish satin open toed shoes with a jeweled front. They were over $50, but under $100 - I figure I will only wear them once and they are comfortable and attractive.

I bought my dress at Jaehee Bridal, and they had me try them on as I was trying on dresses. As I purchased my dress, I liked the way the shoes looked as well, and bought it all at once.

I might dye them to match the bridesmaids' dresses (Tiffany blue) or not...haven't decided yet. My dress is rather classic with lace and silk tulle, so I didn't want encrusted with jewels. I'm tall (but shorter than FI) and don't normally wear high heels.

Go with the style of your dress, height/whether or not dress needs to be hemmed, and personality (& budget!) when choosing your shoes!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I suppose it all depends on the person and your style! My fiance is my height and I knew I didnt want to wear heels on my wedding day..i'm doing custom order converses to wear with my dress hahaha :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CtrosselloCtrossello member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    I think I obsessed over the shoes more than the dress!!  Haha but I am big on shoes.  My shoes ended up being a Christmas/Wedding gift from my hubby and they were about 4 inches high. But he is 6'3 and I am 5'4 so I needed the boost.  They were silver and sparkly.  I loved them so much I also wore them with my rehearsal dinner dress - and barely anyone was the wiser (except those who were at the dinner).

My biggest reco would be to have a pair of flip flops with you.  I lasted up until the reception and then had to switch.  The flops had some sparkle on them and were platform so my dress wasn't dragging around.  Best decision I made was to bring those so I could dance the night away!
  • agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_shoes-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0f2eef35-dbfd-439d-a77a-ae35bbc18fccPost:2c6163d7-365d-4e62-ac78-bfb5994dea94">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I obsessed over the shoes more than the dress!!  Haha but I am big on shoes.  My shoes ended up being a Christmas/Wedding gift from my hubby and they were about 4 inches high. But he is 6'3 and I am 5'4 so I needed the boost.  They were silver and sparkly.  I loved them so much I also wore them with my rehearsal dinner dress - and barely anyone was the wiser (except those who were at the dinner). <strong>My biggest reco would be to have a pair of flip flops with you.  I lasted up until the reception and then had to switch.</strong>  The flops had some sparkle on them and were platform so my dress wasn't dragging around.  Best decision I made was to bring those so I could dance the night away!
    Posted by Ctrossello[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed!  I wore flip flops longer than I wore my actual shoes.  I LOVE shoes, but for my wedding I had a little bit of shoe drama.  I originally ordered a pair of platform high heeled purple glitter shoes.  My mom freaked out when she saw them and couldn't believe I'd wear anything other than a neutral color.  Rather than get into a massive, unneccessary argument over shoes, I wound up going with ivory glitter shoes.  Also, my husband and I are both on the short side, and when I tried the original shoes on next to him, I towered over him- it looked awful!  I wound up going with a 3.5" heel, which made it easier to walk around, stand at the ceremony, and dance our first dance before shoes came off and flips went on.</div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • I bought ballroom dance shoes - they are lightweight & super comfortable.  No need to change into other shoes 1/2 way through the day.  They are around $50-100, but well worth it.  You could always dye them black after the wedding & wear them when you are a guest at a wedding Laughing

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_shoes-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0f2eef35-dbfd-439d-a77a-ae35bbc18fccPost:691e8b88-25e0-460a-a641-1a079f600a8b">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought ballroom dance shoes - they are lightweight & super comfortable.  No need to change into other shoes 1/2 way through the day.  They are around $50-100, but well worth it.  You could always dye them black after the wedding & wear them when you are a guest at a wedding
    Posted by Qzees[/QUOTE]<div>Where did you buy your ballroom dance shoes and what do they look like? Thanks!

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_shoes-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0f2eef35-dbfd-439d-a77a-ae35bbc18fccPost:8b06d423-b8e6-41fc-aa07-2b0410dca8e0">Re: Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoes : Where did you buy your ballroom dance shoes and what do they look like? Thanks!
    Posted by michelle221[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I am a ballroom dancer- I would suggest the Capezio outlet in Wayne (Route 23? 46? I know where it is, but don't know the name of the highway). They are "seconds" so they are cheaper, but you might need to see a 2nd pair if the flaw is obvious.</div><div>
    </div><div>You can also buy them online at Henry G, or DiscountDanceSupply.com</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards