Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Dance lessons at the reception?

Hi - we're having an outdoor daytime wedding this summer followed by a tented reception at the same site.  We're serving lunch, and were not planning on a huge dance party at the reception, but we'd like to try something playful and were thinking of hiring a salsa dance instructor to offer our guests a group lesson.

Has anyone ever seen this done or had any experience with this?  Any feedback?  Thanks!

Re: Dance lessons at the reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen this done and honestly I don't think it would have gone over well with our crowd. We're more of the provide food, drinks and good music and let the party unfold as it will group. 

Plus a lot of people are self conscious about dancing in the first place so they may not be up for learning a new dance in front of a bunch of people. But if you think that this is something your guest would enjoy then go for it.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have never seen this done before! But if you think your crowd is the type that would enjoy this then go for it!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it might stop your reception.  People who just like to dance will dance, but if they're faced with a "lesson" to learn something entirely new in front of a crowd-well, I think they'd retreat to their seats until the lesson was over.

And if it doesn't go over well, it would be a big, bold obvious failure in the middle of your reception.  There's no way to hide that it didn't work, after all.

FWIW:  My DH and I dance a lot at weddings.  But we'd be heading for the table if we had to take salsa lessons.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards