New York-Western

Cocktail Hour Musicians

Hi There,

I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations for a cocktail hour musician? We are looking for a solo musician i.e. viola, violin, gutar, sax...or quartet arrangement.

Ideally, we wanted a group from the Colored Musicians Club, but they are booked on our wedding day. We have also tried the Suszki Strings (insanely expensive) and the Mohamad School of Music (also booked that day).

Where do we go from here? Can anyone recommend something? Our wedding date is June 25th.

Re: Cocktail Hour Musicians

• AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try Saxman Slim? They have someone play sax during your cocktail hour and then DJ the rest of the night.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Eastman School of Music.  You can post a gig on their gig board and students will contact you if they are interested.
  • edited December 2011
    we are using saxman slim.  they are reasonably priced and they play every week at chocolate bar so you can go and check them out prior to booking.

there are several saxophone players, so i don't know if you can pick out who you specifically want...but i was happy with whoever they sent me :)

(i guess i should hold the review until AFTER the wedding :))
  • edited December 2011

I coordinated our cocktail music through our band; but, I booked our ceremony musicians by contacting the Buffalo Musicians' Association (the local union that represents professional musicians).  They have a website I'm sure you can find if you google, and it lists a bunch of different solo musicians and groups.  Good luck!

• AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using nick battistella, he is a frank sinatra/dean martin singer and i can't wait! he has a page on FB to get a hold of him. saw him at a few weddings and love him 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • petitananaspetitananas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thank you so much for the recommendations! Saxman Slim is booked on our date Apparently there are 4 sax players, but all of them had prior obligations. I found him by googling the union mentioned above.

I am interviewing a violinist this weekend, and hopefully it will go well.  she is a student and recommeneded by the BM. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards