California-Los Angeles
Options

In need of a hairstylist and cake person! Pleassse help :)

Hey girls! I am 3 months away from  my wedding and have everything taken care of except for the cake and my hairstylist! I swear I have been looking high and low for someone to do my hair that is reasonable. I cant do more than $200 for my hair which I think it quite reasonable.. and of you have any suggestions? I am all ears :) BTW.. getting married in Laguna Beach if that helps.

Re: In need of a hairstylist and cake person! Pleassse help :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this may be a chance but groupon.com always has hair salons for discount. Maybe you can check out one of those places and have them do your hair with the coupon for the trail run and then go back if you like them for the final. They usually have a new deal everyday and some are spas and hair salon.

Sorry I don't have more detailed info.

For the cake go to Torrance Bakery in Torrance ... the best or Rossmore Pastries in Long Beach is very popular too. In OC I know Katella Bakery is pretty good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry I don't really have any recommendations ... We used Vanilla Bakeshop ... but they are in Santa Monica...not sure what they would charge to deliver to Laguna. =)
    But as far as your hair goes, why not ask your usual hair dresser if they have any recommendations, or if they travel.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi~

I am not sure if you're interested, but I can do hair and makeup. I've done both for years for weddings, events, photos, etc. 

What is your hair like (if you have any recent photos of the cut and the way it looks in its most "natural" state, that would be great), and what hairstyle did you want for your wedding day?

If you are interested, you can email me at eehkay@gmail.com. I can also send you some photos of my work if you would like. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend My Addiction Makeup & Hair.  Savannah -- the owner has been doing hair & makeup for a while now but just started the business and has already done hair & makeup for weddings.  Her rates are reasonable.  Well under $200. 
    Their FB page is here  http://www.facebook.com/#!/Makeup27 and their blog is http://myaddictionmakeup.blogspot.com/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry~I didn't know I counted as a vendor! I'm actually NOT a hairstylist~I'm a teacher. I just do hair and makeup on the side. I'm definitely NOT trying to make a living as a hairstylist. I was actually offering this up as a favor because I'd be doing it for a lot less than what you'd find. 

I'm planning my own wedding next June (2012) and I am not getting any help from my parents so I've been trying to make money on the side by seeing if I could find any other Los Angeles brides that were desperate like me. I figured I'm broke, and if they're broke, then it would be a win/win situation. 

Either way, MissBrittany, I could give you better recommendations for hairstylists if you let me know your hair type and the style you are going for because each stylist is unique in what they can do and what they can offer. I'm assuming you're also looking for one close to Laguna or willing to travel...right?
  • Options
    lynz06lynz06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Heidelberg Pastry Shop in Laguna. VERY reasonable prices and good cake :)

For hair and makeup, contact Tiffany Coats 714-722-7898. Sorry, she does not have a website (she is a friend of a friend), but she is awesome and very affordable. Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nichole Shockley in Cypress.  She just did my hair and makeup trial and it was amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards