Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

cost of catering per head?

It's time to begin wrangling with a few caterers. We're from brooklyn, but doing our food southern style, meaning food stations (the reception folks liked to tout this as the way we do...and i like it), not a plated dinner.  What can I expect to pay per head for appetizers and food in NO? (not including alcohol or cake). When you share the cost, please let me know if your figure includes service from the caterer. The more information you can provide, the better!

Re: cost of catering per head?

• Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think buffets are a "Southern" thing.

But anyways, it depends on the caterer. Our caterer will charge $44 a head including full bar, apps, buffet and cake. Another caterer I received a quote from was nearly $60 a head for a very minimal menu with beer wine and 2 signature drinks, no cake. Just gotta shop around really. Many places will send you a quote by email. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Pigeon Caterers in NOLA and they have buffet menus from $44 - $66, but you have the option to make changes (meeting them on Weds) or have special add-ons such as a mashed potato bar or carving stations. This is all food, taxes, and service included. Our alcohol is done by the venue - open bar for $20 a person. If you pm me with your email, I can send you the info if you like.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Pigeon Catering at the New Orleans Board of Trade.  Their menus start at $60/person including open bar, service, taxes and gratuity.  Not sure what the price is without alcohol, because the cost was included for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying 100$ a head, which includes food, cake & alcohol.  Sorry, I'm not sure of the breakdown.  We are getting married at St. Louis Hotel and having reception there as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The riverview room includes catering costs in their overall cost. It very resonable.
  • Options
    citybayougirlcitybayougirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been quoted anywhere between lowest 35 to the highest 75 per person. I think it depends on the food package you choose
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How far out did everyone make their caterer decision (not necessarily the final menu and cost, but who you would use)??

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm 4.5 months away and haven't made  decision on this yet. I've beem emailing with several caterers and none of them seem stressed about the timeline. Of course, I'm getting married during their slow season.
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

My caterer came with my venue, but honestly I've been trying to book everything as early as possible.  I don't want to have to worry later on about the possibility of my preferred vendor not being available.  It's worth my peace of mind to just pay the deposits up front.

• Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked in June for our October wedding, which I felt was late. But, our first option didn't pan out so I had to figure something else out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_cost-of-catering-per-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:9cf9a820-99c3-41ae-b482-e14f0b2fc1d4Post:f197c183-5520-4cc2-8b38-d42a4c5a1263">Re: cost of catering per head?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I booked in June for our October wedding, which I felt was late. But, our first option didn't pan out so I had to figure something else out.
    Posted by Queen Jane[/QUOTE]

Which caterer didi yoy use?

We are considering Capedeboscq Catering. Has anyone used them or had their food before? Reviews would be awesome!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards