Rhode Island

Lukes DJ

Hi. Has anyone used them? I heard they are pricey and refuse to give me a quote over the phone, which is kind of annoying me...anyway have an idea on their pricing?
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Lukes DJ

• edited December 2011
    That's odd because he gave me a quote over the phone a few months ago.  I was torn between him and another DJ.  I really liked Luke though over the phone and in person.  He does run about 1,500 for 4 hours. 
  • edited December 2011
    They wouldn't give me one over the phone, either. I found DJs with great reccs for much less instead.
  • edited December 2011

I am using them.. they are ok priced, packages start around $1500 for basic, but I really liked them and didn't mind paying a little more for an excellent DJ when the DJ is the most important part. I also was able to get a quote over the phone before I first met with them about a year ago, maybe their policy has changed.  good luck with your search!! :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_lukes-dj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:21a28264-c643-42ba-918d-20b8f0613a11Post:c7548ffb-c0bf-440b-a6bb-5dffed573240">Re: Lukes DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using them.. they are ok priced, packages start around $1500 for basic, but I really liked them and didn't mind paying a little more for an excellent DJ when the DJ is the most important part. I also was able to get a quote over the phone before I<strong> first met with them about a year ago</strong>, maybe their policy has changed.  good luck with your search!! :)
    Posted by silverdara[/QUOTE]

Weird, I contacted them last May ... odd.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Maybe it depends who you talk to.

Thats not too bad.. the 1500.
    I was scared to meet him because my friend said "hes likely the most expensive in RI but worth it"

he did an awesome job. I wanted a band but cant find one less than 5000 that I like-- and thats a big difference.

So if anyone knows a band around 3,000$ thats awesome let me know

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    Luke isn't the most expensive but he is up there.  Try gigmasters.com to find a band.  That's how I found my ceremony musicians.
  • Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with Lukes & just thought they were too pricey for what they offered ... we ended up using All 4 You - Anne & Glen are affordable & amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    We met with Luke, Sr.  We liked him alot but the price was out of our range.  We hired Arpeggio for more than half of what Luke quoted us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jcorvesejcorvese member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    after all the awesome reviews on All for you
    im def. going to check them out!
  • DaiziejenDaiziejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Luke! The dancefloor was packed all night! It's worth it if you want someone that you don't have to worry about. We had complete trust in him, and he turned out fabulous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards