New York-New York City
Options

Wedding Night Hotel in NYC!

Hi,
I am looking for suggestions for a good hotel in NYC for my wedding night.  I am willing to spend a lot (We are only staying one night.) but feel the famous hotels may not suit my fiance and I's style.  We don't need anything extragant; we just want a place that is romantic, on the quieter side and with a good view. We love the city and hope we can find a cool hotel that isn't snobby.  Thanks for any advice!

Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Night Hotel in NYC!

• Options
    Cinderella30Cinderella30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Hotel on Rivington.  The high floor rooms have some really wonderful views.  I would also try The Standard, Trump International Hotel and Towers, Cooper Square Hotel.  I personally love Hotel on Rivington.  We've stayed in a corner room on the 10th floor and it was absolutely awesome!
  • Options
    Cinderella30Cinderella30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try the Gansevoort, but this place can get pretty crazy.  We stayed here on our wedding night but we also hosted an after party in the rooftop bar. 
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The James Hotel is also a nice hotel and their rooftop bar with a pool is amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tribeca Grand is fabulous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Hudson is a pretty nice hotel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!  I will definitely look into these hotels!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gramarcy Park hotel is another good option. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Klytia415Klytia415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Crosby Street Hotel in Soho.  Definitely my favorite hotel in New York.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My job involves shmoozing with hotel concierges a lot, and the Hudson and 60 Thompson are some of my favorites for being beautiful hotels with amazing, friendly staff. 
  • Options
    This is a bit random, but do any of these hotel suites have jacuzzis in the room? I think that would be romantic. ;)
  • Options
    The Spa Suite and Opera Suite of the hotel Inn New York City both have Jacuzzis. So do the Spa Suites at Trump Soho. The most romantic hotel in New York, in my opinion, is The Surrey. The service is outstanding, all the little touches make it what it is. Not your average New York City hotel, and certainly isn't the best for views or being right in the thick of things (it's pretty secluded on the UES) but I think it's the most intimate, beautiful hotel in the city that would be a perfect place to celebrate your wedding night. And many rooms have fireplaces, which are almost as nice as Jacuzzis to set the mood.
  • Options
    The Surrey by far.  Its pricey but very high end, impeccable attention to detail and they have a smaller suite that has a fireplace and a balcony.  Its a bit under the radar becuase is a biritish chain but think royal treatment.  I travel A LOT, usually on an expense account and that is by far my favorite.  My experiences at the Hudson and Gram Park have been touch and go.  Def the surrey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards