Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

WEEKEND!!!!

So, ladies, what are your Memorial Day weekend plans?

I'll be going to FI's family's camp tonight, up on the Allegheny River (which means I will not be able to check the email/respond to PMs until late Monday/Tuesday). I'll have his mom and his aunts basically babying me all weekend and I can't wait to do absolutely nothing - especially since my tonsillitis is acting up and I feel awful. 

It's going to be a hot one in the east this weekend - stay cool and hydrated!! 
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WEEKEND!!!!

• Options
    have fun sounds like a good time.. Love the Allegheny River. Where at will you be camping? I'll be heading back to Pittsburgh to spend time with friends and family. Tomorrow I have a bridal shower brunch then spending the day in Pittsburgh with MOH then a cook out. Sunday church and then heading back home to have another cook out with FI family :) Happy it's the weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ^^ Tionesta/Tidiute area.  It's in the Allegheny National Forest. 
  • Options

Fun!

Our parents are meeting for the first time ever this weekend! His parents are both divorced and remarried so that means there will be 3 sets of parents in one room! Yikes.
    Oh and my dress has arrived! yay :)

Have a lovely holiday weekend all!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_weekend-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:e6c2ab2f-302b-48d2-a7ac-e109f255fe83Post:2d0ce825-2824-4b56-b295-797755a510fa">Re: WEEKEND!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fun! Our parents are meeting for the first time ever this weekend! His parents are both divorced and remarried so that means there will be 3 sets of parents in one room! Yikes. Oh and my dress has arrived! yay :) Have a lovely holiday weekend all!
    Posted by futurekehrs[/QUOTE]

Do his parents get along?
  • Options
    erbear - FI is from the Oil City area, so I am pretty familiar with Tionesta! Hope you have a blast and the tonsilitis doesnt give you too much trouble!

futurekehrs - Good luck with the meeting! Hopefully it will go without a hitch! I'm sure it'll be a weight off your shoulders once they meet.

My future sister-in-law (also my best friend-long story! haha) and her new husband just got home from their honeymoon this week so we are having them over for dinner and drinks tonight. Tomorrow we might hit up a drive in movie or something like that. And Sunday we are having a picnic for mine and FI's family.

I'm so glad this is a long weekend! It is much needed! Hope everyone stays cool!
  • Options
    They've always been cordial when I've been around them all at the same time. I'm sure they'll all be on their best behavior :)

JM- that's awesome you're best friends w/your FSIL! My FI has a sister who is 24 and we get along well. She lives in S.C so I don't get to see her often.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards