Outdoor Weddings

What SHOES???

I'm getting married in upstate NY in July at a lake. It's absolutely beautiful but it's not even close to be level (it's on a mountain) and it's all grass. I would love to wear heals but I'm worried about sinking into potential mud. I'd love to hear stories from you about your outdoor wedding experiences with shoes.  I figure I'll have to go with flats or wedges? but really hoping I can get some optimism from fellow brides in heals.

Re: What SHOES???

• Heels and outdoor weddings generally aren't a good idea.  As you mentioned, flats or wedges are a better choice.  If comfort is key, go with flats.  If you want height, go with the wedges (and a bonus is wedges are generally more comfortable than heels).

What about something like - />this?  The heel is a little more pronounced than the wedge.   Or maybe these <- Although the pic kinda makes it look like the wedge may not come all the way down.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • You will definitely want something flat or with a large heel or wedges.  I wore kitten heels during my ceremony (indoors) and I had back-up wedges for the reception which was outdoors on the lawn.  As soon as I got to my Uncle's house and started taking pictures on the lawn I was begging for my wedges.  The weight of my train in back was significant enough that try as I might to keep my weight forwards those little heels were sinking fast. 

It was a struggle to stand up still - I can't imagine if I was trying to move around a hilly area.  I wore something like this (link) but without the platform part - I think they were 3" tall total - I've actually owned them for 4 or 5 years.
  • If you have your heart set on heels, try these out:  www.thesolemates.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all the tips.. those sole-mates are such a great idea! I wonder if they work?!
  • They do.  I own a pair. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am using a similar type of product it is not called Sole-mates, but the idea is the same and they are fantastic.  I have to walk down a big grassy hill in heels, so I am counting on them to keep me from sinking into the dirt, and keeping my bright green shoes clean :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My ceremony is outdoors & reception indoors.
    I'm wearing a wedge for the ceremony- then changing into the heels for the reception. they look almost the same, just one has a wedged heel.

good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • these are the cute comfy shoes i am wearing for my reception...

i just don't do well in  heels and will wear some for the ceremony but then i don't hv to worry about tripping the rest of the night. I tend to be a klutz and trip a lot LOL
  • i'm actually wearing flats that have a 1/2" heel for the ceremony then changing into cowboy boots for the reception. everything is outdoors, so i can't wear heels (plus my FI is only an inch taller than me!)
    image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards