Michigan-Grand Rapids

Wedding in Michigan

I am looking for possible wedding venues on a beach in Michigan.  I am thinking in the South Haven, Saugatuck, Holland areas.  I live in Indianapolis, and would only like to be around 4 hours from there.
Any thoughts?

Re: Wedding in Michigan

• lflory1028lflory1028 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

I am looking for possible wedding venues on a beach in Michigan.  I am thinking in the South Haven, Saugatuck, Holland areas.  I live in Indianapolis, and would only like to be around 4 hours from there.
    Any thoughts?

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    Try your Local Board

<-----------------------

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Check the Michigan-Grand Rapids board. They'll be able to help you.
  • South Haven is the furthest south of those 3, and it's already at the 4 hour mark from Indy.

Are you looking for something ON the beach or just near it?
  • I would do Grand Haven.

Theres a beautiful pier, and lighthouse right on the beach.

And tehy have several spots that are more "private"

Keep in mind though, that its a public beach, and you wont be able to control the number of people, jet skiiers, boats and other such things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I really like St. Joseph. It's a cute little town right on the lake, about an hour closer to Indy than South Haven.
    Soon to be Mrs. Cross!

• Check out this website, theres several different places for a beach wedding, with lots included in the price.

www.mybarefootwedding.com

• My officiant is from Michigan.  She's coming to Chicago for me Laughing
    If you are on a tight budget, she's great.  Her fee to officiate is $175 for a basic wedding. 
    Rev. Ann Cruz www.anncruz.com
    Soon to be Mrs. Cross!
  • TWoolf2012TWoolf2012 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I am getting married in South Haven (over Labor Day weekend) and I am using mybarefootwedding.com. They have been extremely responsive and helpful so far. There's not a ton of places for a reception though in that town so be aware of that. Also, Saugatuck has noise pollution ordinances so if you're outside, you'll have to be closed up by 11pm. It's going to be gorgeous, I'm sure - I LOVE that side of Michigan. Congrats!
  • Grand Haven is farther north but gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards