Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Food Station Suggestions

Hi Ladies!
I need your help to come up with some creative station ideas.  We are having three stations for our reception.  I originally told the caterer I wanted them all mediterranean themed, so we were going with paella, carving station and a tapas station.  I'm curious to hear your ideas.  I would love to give my guests some amazing and creative food options.  I'm open to any type of food.  Thanks!

Re: Food Station Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011

Two that we are doing that are a little bit different are shrimp and grits and sliders (burgers, crabcakes, and portabella mushroom ones).  I once went to a wedding that a a mashed potato station--it was AMAZING.  They had at least 20 things to put on your potatos!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Whats your wedding theme? You could do comfort foods around the world  and have an Italian (pasta) station, Asian ( stirfry), and Mediteranean

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We want a really fun, comfortable feel - we've talked about having a mashed potato station (which is totally for me - everytime I don't feel well, he makes me mashed potatoes, just like my Mom used to!), a pasta station, a salad station, a carving station, and one fun one - we want a taco station, but haven't made any decisions yet.

Also, we're doing ice cream sundae station for dessert.

There's not really a theme except it's totally "us" - these are foods we love and have a personal conneciton with us and our family.  Plus there's food for everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions or different tastes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My venue was suggesting to me the other day that we could have a carving station, and at that station have breads, cheeses, and toppings and have it be a sandwich station.  I love the idea, because I don't know that I've met a non-sandwich-lover... and I don't care about how "formal" the food seems. I figure as long as it tastes good, people will be happy.

I think the other stations he had mentioned (we're really in the very early stages of our menu planning) were a mashed potato and/or risotto station, salad station, and macaroni and cheese station.
    This knottie's been ransacked, suckas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Crystal!

Some ideas that I've heard of or that i'm doing are:::

Pasta Station
    Slider station
    Panini Station
    Sushi station
    quesadilla station
    NY style deli station
    cuban station (ropa vieja, pulled pork, etc)
    mashed potato bar for sides
    gelato bar for dessert (I can't wait for mine!)

GL and let me know what you decide! (I'm on the S.Fla board, too :) )
  • Options
    kdalessandrokdalessandro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing three stations also:  Italian (pastas, sauces, breadsticks, meatballs, chicken parm), Asian (fried rice, chicken satay, noodle dish, vegetarian dish), and a carving station (prime rib and roasted turkey).  I love the idea of mediterranean theme as well!  I'd probably add that if I could have a fourth station :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having a few stations...
    Mashed Potato Bar
    Pasta Station
    Stir Fry station (shrimp and chicken)
    Italian Antipasta
    Seafood station
    Mini Gyros

And my groom's favorite....

The Groom's station
    Cheese fries, taco bar, microbrew kegs, mini cheesesteaks, jalopeno poppers and boneless wings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  Loving the ideas.  My caterer originally persuaded me out of the mashed potato station idea, because it's pretty common, but I think it's a real crowd pleaser.  Maybe I can combine that with my carving station.  I also love the idea of the grooms station! 

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    twinmommy46twinmommy46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I love the mini-comfort food stations. Little tiny hamburgers with frenchfries in adorable shot glasses. Tiny grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum. I see a lot of people gravitate to stations like that after looking around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding in Charleston, SC, so we are going with a lowcountry theme with seafood, but FI and his family are from NY and don't all eat seafood, so we're doing a blend.
    Seafood Station: Crabcakes, shrimp and grits
    Junk food station: Mini bbq sandwiches, mini sliders, mini BLTs with fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese
    Carving station: Some type of beef
    Possible pasta station

We are also going to have a mac n' cheese station and build your own bruschetta station

One venue suggested build your own deviled eggs. FI doesn't like deviled eggs, and I'm not a huge fan of having mine mixed with much else, so not doing that.

Also, we're going to have an ice cream stand. It's going to be part of our favors. The Bruster's here will bring a cart, but I've heard Coldstone will do it as well. This got me thinking about Italian Ice, Sorbet, etc. as well.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards