New Jersey
Options

Florentine Gardens House Band

Has anyone used them lately and what did you think?  Seem reaonably priced and am thinking about going with them.  Any thoughts?

Re: Florentine Gardens House Band

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a FG bride... We heard them at a showcase. They were good but FH wanted a DJ so we went with that instead.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there and she didn't like Sal who is the person who runs it.

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_florentina-gardens-house-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:11230a44-88a3-4a37-ac60-c194e6e98a23Post:3744c994-8abb-4425-9d87-6fa3a55fbba6">Re: Florentine Gardens House Band</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend got married there and she didn't like Sal who is the person who runs it.
    Posted by TLuvT[/QUOTE]

<div>I've heard that from a few people, including a coworker and also a friend from college who got married there. He's in charge of the "house entertainment" so you'd have to deal with him a lot if you use them. </div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I hear the guy that runs the house entertainment is pretty sleazy... not exactly sure what that means.  Never met with the guy, but that's the word on the street.
  • Options
    justad0remejustad0reme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have met with him a few times and he has always been really nice to us and never pushy at all.  We are not using the band because my fiance wanted a DJ and I wanted a singer from another company but  I have heard the band during their showcase and they were really good! The price is also good for what you get. 
    ~~* Jen *~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    getting married there in about 11 days, we decided to go with the DJ but we are using Sal for a few other things, he is a nice guy. Not sure why people didn't like him ? He has always went out of his way for us, and was really helpful!
  • Options
    sh228955sh228955 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My sister and a college friend both got married at Florentine and both really disliked Sal.  They got the same sleazy feeling from him mentioned above.  Both went with different bands to avoid working with him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tinabarrinatinabarrina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He doesn't seem so bad to me and actually seems really helpful.  I'm going to see the band again in three weeks so we'll see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards