Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Need Advice on Table Settings/Wares

I'm outlining my budget and started thinking of some of the smaller details like table settings and wares and was looking for some advice.  We plan to DIY everything (all the way down to the food) so we won't have a venue or caterer that will be providing plates, cups, utensils, etc.

If you don't have a vendor providing those, what are you doing about it?  Renting reusable pieces or are you using plastic/paper disposable pieces?  We want to be as eco-conscious as possible so if we purchased disposable pieces we would want them to be biodegradable/recyclable but when I looked into thosee types of pieces it's almost as expensive as just purchasing basic plates and cups from Ikea.  My thought is that if we purchased them we could re-sell them or reuse them.

I love the eclectic look of various mismatched vintage plates but I still want my place settings to look unfirm so I was thinking about purchasing wine glasses and coffee cups from Ikea.  I've already collected about 100 small vintage cake plates in various designs.

Soooo I guess my question is what are you doing about these wares and if you are using disposable pieces, what are your table settings going to look like?  I love the idea of a full table setting (plates, napkins, wine glasses) all set out but I'm afraid that it's going to get expensive real fast.

Re: Need Advice on Table Settings/Wares

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards