Pre-wedding Parties

In law bridal shower

Question about bridal showers. I am from St. Louis but live in the Chicago area. My fiance is from the Chicago area. My sister is hosting a shower for my friends and family in St. Louis. 

My mother in law wants to host a shower in the Chicago area for her family only. She was very specific multiple times that she only wanted to host her family and friends, which I thought was slightly rude. I have friends in the Chicago area that I had hoped would be invited to the Chicago shower. 

Is it rude for me to ask if I can include my Chicago area friends? I assume that at least my mother and bridesmaids would be included?

Otherwise I will have to have a third shower for my friends only.

Re: In law bridal shower

• Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    My FMIL is doing one of these. She wants to include my mom but not my BMs, which is fine because I'm sure they would rather just go to one. Personally I am going along with it. It seems to mean a lot to her. However, I was ready to decline if she insisted on inviting non wedding guests. She brought this up a couple of times, but after about the third time I told her it made me uncomfortable she agreed not to. Actually, funny story there...when I told her she could add a couple of people to the wedding if she felt close friends were being excluded, she rattled off a couple of men! GL, I do agree though that you can't request your friends be added or throw a third shower. I do see no reason though that you couldn't organize a non WR girls' night while you are in Chicago. Sorry for wall of text, I'm mobile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards