Favors
Options

Ideas...

Hi everybody! I'm thinking of doing small gift bags for our wedding favors. I am thinking of putting a generic coffee mug, candle, matchbook and either a personalized tea pack or hot chocolate in each. I love my hot chocolate, and I love candles. My question is this: is this acceptable? And also, does everything need to be personalized in the favor bags? Each bag will have the guests name n table on.

Re: Ideas...

• Options
    Oh wow, that sound like alot.

If I would you, I would pare it down.  Maybe do the mug with a hot chocolate packet and some marshmellows or somethng (which would be cute if you are having a winter wedding).  Or just do the candles wth the matchbooks.  To me, that would be more cohesive instead of a bunch of random things in a bag.
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm just trying to think "outside the box" and sort of do something different than everybody else. Our wedding is going to be an August wedding, so maybe hot cocoa isn't the best idea?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ideas-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:5e6292f8-fc8d-4a31-a6b7-faee6a8ce17ePost:6ffb504f-3a99-4848-ab22-127c71d0bd82">Re:Ideas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! I'm just trying to think "outside the box" and sort of do something different than everybody else. Our wedding is going to be an August wedding, so maybe hot cocoa isn't the best idea?!
    Posted by tnt0544[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't take this the wrong way, but NONE of those things are "outside the box" or unique in any way.</div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe do something that's personal to you as a couple, or unique to where you live or where the wedding is?   Edible favors or consumable favors that can either be eaten or used up (like the matches) are generally best.  Nobody really wants or need one lone coffee mug with your names on it.</div><div>
    </div><div>Do you have a favorite cookie or candy?  Is there a local bakery that's really well known, or type of snack that's specifc to that part of the country?   Or a local farm that sells yummy jam or honey?</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    If you're having a spring wedding you can get some mini flower pots with seed packets wrapped in a fabric bag with a tag that reads. He Loves Me, He Loves Me not, He loves Me, We Tied the Knot. We were going to do something like that but now we are doing mini whoopie pies bc its more us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well now I feel less creative. I was originally thinking of giving a bottle of wine from my favorite winery where I'm from and some type of Hershey's chocolate, I live very near Hershey. It, unfortunately wine for roughly 100 guests would be way too expensive. Back to square one. I do like your ideas. Thank you so kindly for your help!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ideas-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:5e6292f8-fc8d-4a31-a6b7-faee6a8ce17ePost:64e538b9-14bf-44f5-bebd-c78f33b2b1a2">Re:Ideas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well now I feel less creative. I was originally thinking of giving a bottle of wine from my favorite winery where I'm from and <strong>some type of Hershey's chocolate, I live very near Hershey.</strong> It, unfortunately wine for roughly 100 guests would be way too expensive. Back to square one. I do like your ideas. Thank you so kindly for your help!!
    Posted by tnt0544[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hershey Chocolate for a wedding near Hershey, PA is perfect:-)  

</div>
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards