Snarky Brides
Options

OMG Entertain ME!

I'm bored! There is nothing on TV and I need human interaction!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: OMG Entertain ME!

• Options
    I was just about to post something like this.  I met my brother's for lunch and then Cinnabon (we went to a restaurant at a mall) and now I'm home and fat and happy :)
  • Options
    LOOPY! You have a berry!  Congratulations!
  • Options
    We got sucked into watching Long Island Medium.  We are trying to figure out our opinion on it.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    I do have a berry.  Thanks!  I took H to the airport this morning.  He's flying to Ohio to drive the truck back with our stuff.  I'm excited to have furniture again :).  Right now I have an air mattress - and a camp chair.  But we just bought the camp chair yesterday so it's a novelty still :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:b59a6c17-2715-4009-b935-9ae9c8c96fa1">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got sucked into watching Long Island Medium.  We are trying to figure out our opinion on it.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I've only seen previews for that show. I refuse to waste my brain cells,plus her voice annoys me.

I'm watching James Bond. It's amazing I have over 800 channels and nothing to watch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:b59a6c17-2715-4009-b935-9ae9c8c96fa1">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got sucked into watching Long Island Medium.  We are trying to figure out our opinion on it.

I haven't seen this yet but the commericials made it seem mildley entertaining.

FI and I are trying to figure out what to do with our lives. It's exhausting. We'll probably go to the pool in a bit instead.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:86cc53e9-c054-4e71-9025-3c16e0593bc9">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have a berry.  Thanks!  I took H to the airport this morning.  He's flying to Ohio to drive the truck back with our stuff.  I'm excited to have furniture again :).  Right now I have an air mattress - and a camp chair.  But we just bought the camp chair yesterday so it's a novelty still :)
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Just pretend your a guy in college!

At least you'll have furniture soon. Any bites on your house here yet?
  • Options
    What are your life options acarponi (sp? - I'm too lazy to go back up and check).

KD - We have a tenant in it (a friend of ours and his GF).  They signed a 12 month lease.  We're hoping they stay for 2 years though.  Hopefully by then we'll have bought a place here and will be in a situation to have the $$ to pay the difference if we sell that one.  Otherwise we'll probably find a property management company to handle keeping it rented out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:9c4c49d8-2072-4ec0-a0e4-63a98d76ae21">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG Entertain ME! : I haven't seen this yet but the commericials made it seem mildley entertaining. FI and I are trying to figure out what to do with our lives. It's exhausting. We'll probably go to the pool in a bit instead.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We are kind of laughing at it.  She is really obnoxious.  She went up to some random person at her daughters gym and started talking about her dead mother.  </div>
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:1c259e48-69c8-41cc-9046-291ed04f8095">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are your life options acarponi (sp? - I'm too lazy to go back up and check). KD - We have a tenant in it (a friend of ours and his GF).  They signed a 12 month lease.  We're hoping they stay for 2 years though.  Hopefully by then we'll have bought a place here and will be in a situation to have the $$ to pay the difference if we sell that one.  Otherwise we'll probably find a <strong>property management company to handle keeping it rented out</strong>.

This is a good idea. I got lucky and sold mine when I moved and I really didnt want to be a landlord. But, if I had to I was going to hire my ex.

Hope it works out. You'll have a little bambino to worry about soon ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:1c259e48-69c8-41cc-9046-291ed04f8095">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What are your life options acarponi (sp? - I'm too lazy to go back up and check</strong>). KD - We have a tenant in it (a friend of ours and his GF).  They signed a 12 month lease.  We're hoping they stay for 2 years though.  Hopefully by then we'll have bought a place here and will be in a situation to have the $$ to pay the difference if we sell that one.  Otherwise we'll probably find a property management company to handle keeping it rented out.

FI and I currently live in Cincinnati. We made the decision a few weeks ago to try to make our way back up to MI, probably the Ann Arbor area. Both our families live up in MI so right now we have to drive up there all the time and it's like 5 hours away. We definitely want to be living there when we decide to have kids and what not.

We just don't have the time to move right now. Our originally time table was hopefully before the school year starts (I'm a teacher) but we literally have 1 weekend where we could move. Just between our wedding and everything else going on, we might not have time to seriously look for jobs/do interviews etc. So now our options are stay down here for another year or move in the fall or winter if I don't have a full-time job offer somewhere. 

Bahh sorry for the novel.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    'ello!  I'm sitting on my butt eating mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cheddar cheese. NOM.  My Kitchenaid got quite the workout today.  First, batter for H's marble bday cake, then frosting.  Then banana bread because my bananas were gross. (I tried a new recipe with Greek yogurt and it worked fantastically!)  THEN mashed potatoes for H's 'bangers and mash."  I didn't want to wait for dinner though, so I stole some taters now.

That makes me sound far more productive than I actually was today ;) 
  • Options
    Loopy- I only had an air mattress and camping chair when I had a berry too. :-) I just clipped coupons and I am vowing not to buy any more paper products without one. I also was on Facebook and a lady I worked with posted a picture of her son in his dorm room. Standing right next to a confederate flag that also said, "if the south would have won, we would have it made." classy much?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mmm....mashed potatoes!
  • Options
    Steph- your Craigslist post the other day inspired me. I'm going used book shopping to start the library tomorrow. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MMM mashed potatoes sound good.

We just had some stir fry with brown rice and it was pretty boring.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:2fd791e7-cb54-46b3-a235-7e13edb6c701">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG Entertain ME! : We are kind of laughing at it.  She is really obnoxious.  She went up to some random person at her daughters gym and started talking about her dead mother.  

Haha wow yeah she sounds like a gem.  Is that one on TLC?
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:84708d85-1bc1-40e4-b05d-5baa4caa6eb7">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OMG Entertain ME! : Haha wow yeah she sounds like a gem.  Is that one on TLC?
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep.  It came on after SYTTD and it just stayed on.</div>
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Oh boy the pups awake from his nap.....

One more day, one more day, one more day.....this is my new mantra!
  • Options
    Brandi- I'm pretty much obsessed with long is,and medium. I cry sometimes.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:3c31b322-7ac4-4b99-b6bb-be2d0ea83af1">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi- I'm pretty much obsessed with long is,and medium. I cry sometimes.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Some of the stories are very profound.  The one I'm watching now is a wife whose husband died while on duty as a police officer and has three young sons.  She always seems to come up with things that there is "no way to know" but I'm still skeptical.  She just has random outburts a lot.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA- the laughing comes from the outburts, not from the stories.</div>
    imageVacation
  • Options
    My whole back hurts. bah. I spent too much time on my feet today. I think I'm going to go take a bath... should I risk it and read my Kindle? 

Hike, woohoo! I'm going hom next weekend and I'm totally going to hit up all the garage sales. For some reason, people like to do them on Mother's Day? Apparently my mom also has a 'grandma tote' already... of the stuff she saved from us. She has lots of Discovery Toys and Tupperware kid stuff. I'm far more excited about this than I should be.

KD- puppy training still not going perfect? ;)
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just lounging on the couch recovering from last night. It was such a fun night!
  • Options
    Chels- from your sig it looks like you had fun.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Hello, everyone.

I'm wasting away my last 45 minutes of work trying to figure out what to make for dinner. It can't include fish, apparently, since BF's friend hates it, which rules out what I originally planned.

I found a recipe for honey mustard pretzel coated chicken, which sounded awesome, but I don't want to buy three different types of mustard.

Halp?
  • Options
    Chels- what did you do? Steph- I keep looking on Craigslist for garage sales but it seems like people just post signs around town. I get nervous that they won't have baby stuff so I never stop to check them out. Why ami weird about that?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:77ca231a-29ab-4f11-af8f-ade511eb247d">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Loopy- I only had an air mattress and camping chair when I had a berry too. :-)</strong> I just clipped coupons and I am vowing not to buy any more paper products without one. I also was on Facebook and a lady I worked with posted a picture of her son in his dorm room. Standing right next to a confederate flag that also said, "if the south would have won, we would have it made." classy much?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>YOu have no idea how much better this makes me feel :)</div><div>
    </div><div>acaponi - sounds like the major decision (to move) has been made, and now it's just logistics.  From experience - make sure at least one of you had a job before you go - however long that takes.  And if the other one goes without a job, make sure you can financially handle that.  H and I based out of Denver and Cleveland respectively for 6 months while we got bills paid off.  I was a month away from giving notice and moving without a job when I got my job offer, but don't start your new life together off with taking unnecessary financial risks.  You don't need that stress.  And there's another Knottie who's not around anymore who got a low paying job in the new place, and then her H quit his job, and then he couldn't find one and she was unhappy, stressed and sick all the time over the situation of not having their own place (living with the in-laws) and not being able to pay all their bills on her low salary - and she ended up not liking the job and not being able to quit - bad news all the way around.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_omg-entertain-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb3bd905-000d-4716-9eef-0eb91c369332Post:53a6d6c0-e700-4fd7-8e7e-d41a549e0b9d">Re: OMG Entertain ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My whole back hurts. bah. I spent too much time on my feet today. I think I'm going to go take a bath... should I risk it and read my Kindle?  Hike, woohoo! I'm going hom next weekend and I'm totally going to hit up all the garage sales. For some reason, people like to do them on Mother's Day? Apparently my mom also has a 'grandma tote' already... of the stuff she saved from us. She has lots of Discovery Toys and Tupperware kid stuff. I'm far more excited about this than I should be. <strong>KD- puppy training still not going perfect? ;)
    </strong>Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Oh, he's really doing quite well, I'm just tired of not having any breaks. The only time I can even get a shower is if he's napping. I dont want to crate him if I'm home unless I have too.
    He just has never ending energy along with puppy ADD. I've had to confine him to the front room. But, potty training is going really well (now that I've said that he'll pee in the carpet I'm sure). With husband gone I just dont get a break, I just wish he was older so I could take him to the park.
  • Options
    Hike, try the paper? Ours lets you list garage sales in the classified for like $5 so everyone does. They also have an only searchable thing.
  • Options
    Not to mention, loopy, the last two nights the mattress had a hole in it from the dogs and I woke up basically on the floor. Hang in there. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards