Nevada-Las Vegas

Hair and Make up

I need some vendors in Las Vegas I can do maybe even a trail with for my wedding. Im on a 3-4k budget so nothing too expensive. Any help?
*Singing* I can see clearly now the rain is gone, its going to be a bright.... BRIGHT.... bright sun shinny day!

Re: Hair and Make up

• edited December 2011
    Francesca Lombardo
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am booked with Francesca Lombardo - www.bobbiepinbeauty.com
    She quoted me $195 for my hair and make-up and $130 for my MOH - she requires a contract and $100 deposit (remainder due can be paid day of wedding).  She provides you with false lashes and lipstick.  She also offers a trial make-up consult for $100, and offers to lower your wedding day price if you do a trial.
    She doesn't have any minimums that I am aware of.  I don't have BMs so I don't know if it's a flat $130 for each additional person or if she offers a lower rate w/ larger numbers.  HTH!!

• edited December 2011
    Not fond of fake lashes, I'm usually not even a make up person but this is a very special occasion even though my FI thinks I should just have my godmom do my make up however.
    *Singing* I can see clearly now the rain is gone, its going to be a bright.... BRIGHT.... bright sun shinny day!
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How does your $4k budget break down and how much to you have allocated to hair and makeup?  That would help everyone in providing you with good feedback.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto smokey about knowing more about your budget. But I'll always recommend Francesca Lombardo. I've worked with her a lot - boudoir shoot, wedding day for me, my mom, 4 BM's & 2 flower girls, and my TTD shoot. She's really talented, really great to work with, and just a really great person. ETA - I never thought I'd be a fan of fake lashes and I hardly wear any makeup; the lashes look awesome in pictures and I never felt "overdone." DH loved my look.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    More then likely we are going over. The 3-4k is for the cermony and reception

Our wedding venue was $500 to reserve which it goes towards the reception.Which thankfully my dad put the deposit on it. If we have 75 guests which honestly we are aiming for we will spend $2,500 for the reception. If we have 100 people it will be $3,500 but we cut out list to 95 people including their guests. I'm saying the 75 guest amount I have a lot of "no show" family members all the time

My dress was $685 including the veil, I took that out of my budget I paid for it very early. My mom is putting $500 in but thats no promise. We are using a photography for $425 for 3.5 hours we may use him for the videography being another $425 being about $850 the guy name is Keith I found him on here from another bride asking for photographers, yay!. The centerpieces are mostly from Dollar Tree and a lil from Target the only expensive thing in it is the glowing ice cubes being like $50 but it will work out probably about $100 or $200 mostly.

Florists, fake flowers I don't know how I will find good ones for cheap.

DJ, don't know we need to find one as well.

Don't need transportation same location for both. Honeymoon will be postponed since Im still in school.

Ummmmm, my head is starting to hurt.

Let me think, engagement photos are me slurging being $190 I know the girl from middle school. Invitation are going to be done by a family friend.

That's all I can think of, Jesus I have a lot to do and feel like trying to get more hours looking at the amount of money going to it.

Am I doing good? Please say I am.
  • edited December 2011
    So what's your hair and makeup budget?
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto AJF, what is your hair and make up budget? 

I was a Francesca L bride and she is amazing! She quoted me $175 for both hair and make up. Her trial is an extra $100. My wedding day was the very first time I ever wore fake lashes because my lashes are full naturally but I loved it. They were great! You can't go wrong with Francesca!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really have a budget for it. Maybe less then $200. I usually spend $65 on my hair in general if Im doing something different. Never got in pro done like that not even for those prom and grad moments. I feel like I should splurge on this bc its extra special.

I feel stupid for not adding this in the budget. This is like the 5th time I've done this for something.
  • edited December 2011
    I worked with Lori White.  She was amazing and when I booked with her it was $200 for hair and makeup plus a trial.
  • edited December 2011
    I worked with Stacee Malmedal and she was AMAZING, I don't have anything bad to say about her. She just did my hair (but she does hair and makeup) it was $100. I didn't do a trial because I didn't think one was needed. If you would like her e-mail address and phone number PM me, I would be happy to send it your way.
    imageAnniversary
  • bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Harmony Medina... who is FANTASTIC.  She did my hair, make-up (including air brush and lashes) and trial for $130.  She also did my entire wedding party (6 BMs) and both mothers in one day.

I don't think you can go wrong with the hair and make-up artists that are suggested on this board... everyone has their own taste and own budget.  You just need to figure out what works best for you!

:)
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-up-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:283f4da3-f665-4dab-9e78-daac686d4ff9Post:06f6ac77-2620-42d8-9b78-d986ff6b60d6">Re: Hair and Make up</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Harmony Medina... who is FANTASTIC.  She did my hair, make-up (including air brush and lashes) and trial for $130.  She also did my entire wedding party (6 BMs) and both mothers in one day. I don't think you can go wrong with the hair and make-up artists that are suggested on this board... everyone has their own taste and own budget.  You just need to figure out what works best for you! :)
    Posted by bcschuman[/QUOTE]
    So true!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

edited December 2011
    I think you should work through your F&B budget before your hair and makeup, honestly.

How are you going to feed and water 75 people for $2500?  That's $26 PP (before tax and tip).  Are you doing a brunch, lunch, heavy apps?  Are you doing a dry wedding or beer and wine?

For your tables are you doing basic linens that are included in your package?  I would get all of that taken care of before I worried about hair and makeup.  You could do yourself or find a beauty school to cut corners.

We can definitely help you break down your budget.  I have done it many times for folks and you should be able to search for it.  Once you break it down you will know exactly how much you have left over for things like hair, makeup, shoes, accessories, WP gifts and other little things like that.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Also, don't forget to factor in your tips. The prices we posted here are prior to tips, so there would be an additional 20% or so on top of these prices. You should of course tip accordingly. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-up-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:283f4da3-f665-4dab-9e78-daac686d4ff9Post:6294e171-a825-4453-a569-33631d6da21d">Re: Hair and Make up</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should work through your F&B budget before your hair and makeup, honestly. How are you going to feed and water 75 people for $2500?  That's $26 PP (before tax and tip).  Are you doing a brunch, lunch, heavy apps?  Are you doing a dry wedding or beer and wine? [QUOTE]
    This.  $2500 for 75 people seems really, really low.  I'm not saying it CAN'T be done, but would be interested to know if you have already confirmed that you can get what you want in that price range. 

Agree w/PPs that you should worry about that first and your hair and makeup later.  That's the last thing I booked.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is out of line... but you all are such a huge book of knowledge! SOO MUCH help! I read the responses to other peoples questions and get my own answered. It's great!  And @smokeybailey, you're just a bad a**! Love all the help you give everyone else!
    Till Death Do Us Part or Gabriel Blows His Horn... Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-up-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:283f4da3-f665-4dab-9e78-daac686d4ff9Post:b3c68001-1392-4985-b416-ae5220e126c0">Re: Hair and Make up</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if this is out of line... but you all are such a huge book of knowledge! SOO MUCH help! I read the responses to other peoples questions and get my own answered. It's great! <strong> And @smokeybailey, you're just a bad a**! </strong>Love all the help you give everyone else!
    Posted by TexasNancy[/QUOTE]

Indeed.
    Bi-oh-rama

• edited December 2011
    I'm going to throw out Melissa Ferreira.

I used her. $200 for hair and makeup for a bride including false lashes. Ditto the other ladies. I don't wear much makeup and thought false lashes would look silly, but they really popped in the pictures. I loved Melissa and would recommend her over and over again. 
  • edited December 2011
    It was an estimate that the coordinator sent me when I asked about 75 people it didn't include tax and gratutiy. We have to give $2,500 as a min for the food and beverage to get the rental fee wavied. The bar is cash bar I thought about going dry but FI said no its only $100 to have the bar and we def cant afford an open bar especially with everyone being freshly 21. We are doing the centerpieces ourselves especially since we just found out the venue wants us to decorate it for us after we booked them. I live near the downtown area in los angeles, there are tons of $1 places and flea markets and the fashion district becomes your best friend. One centerpiece that we just finished probably costed us about lets see, $1 for the clear water ball, then the ebay glow cube was probably about $3 bucks if I got 24 for $20, fake flowers I randomly got were like $2 and the glowsource.com cube was expensive 5 of them were like $30 so around $10-15. Then we are putting about two candles around it.

I probably won't know the entire amount all together until we send it our head count. Plus I'm still waiting for my contact to be mailed since the coordinator doesn't seem to want to email it again after 2 failed attempts my father has the orginial copy I may ask him to just copy and and mail it to me.
    edited December 2011
    Your min is not what you are actually going to spend.  You need to find out how much food is and figure that for 75. You really should know your budget before you send in your head count.  I am making my final payment tonight and I know exactly what that is going to be for my 51 guests plus 3 vendors.  How you can you determine what your headcount is going to be if you don't know what your budget is?  Again, $27 per head is not very much.  Even my RD catered by Masterpiece is $35 pp. 

Also, to be honest, which I am, having a cash bar in Vegas for 75 people doesn't sit well with me.  I think you may want to consider cutting your guest list and at a minimum offering beer and wine.  A DW costs your guests more money than an at home wedding and you should really recieve them accordingly.  I am staunchly against cash bars in any case but particularly for a DW.

Bi-oh-rama

• edited December 2011
    The food is 25 pp which is the highest we were willing to go for the wedding since we couldn't find lower then that. A DW even for my local area bc both sides of my family are flying from GA, OK, AZ, Washington, Ohio, TX having it in Vegas was easier for all of them since that is the "local" area to them since the family always chooses that spot for the family events. Its more of DW for my FI family since majority all live in Los Angeles. Vegas became our middle ground which his family is okay with it since they LOVE vegas. 75x25=1,875 and she sent me the estimate of about $2,600 rounding it off so I believe it was with the 20% or it should be bc I asked her how much it would for those many people including it. It included the food, beverage, dance floor ($100), and bar ($100).

I respect your honestly on the cash bar, but it is the way we're going. We're not comfortable paying for their alcoholic beverages but they will recieve the ice tea and soft drinks on us,would lose the bar completely but my FI wants to keep it since its only $100 to have it so we're keeping it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards