Florida-West Coast

QOTD

How did you and your FI meet?

Re: QOTD

• blseveranceblseverance member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I should move over to the nest but I'm reluctant. It seems like everyone on their tampa board if pregnant and Hubbs and I are not wanting kids for a WHILE down the road.. So I'm still lurking here.. :)

My hubby and I met on Myspace 6 years ago. We were members of the same community chat forum and had talked through that before. In early May, we both emailed each other at the exact same time. Eventually we moved to talking on the phone, then meeting in person, etc etc... :)  His groom's cake was a computer with myspace on the screen. 
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_qotd-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:b217cc66-4bd0-437b-95ab-55950ce1b0faPost:b854725b-27d0-40a6-b001-39ca15410224">Re: QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I know I should move over to the nest but I'm reluctant. It seems like everyone on their tampa board if pregnant and Hubbs and I are not wanting kids for a WHILE down the road.. So I'm still lurking here.. :)</strong> My hubby and I met on Myspace 6 years ago. We were members of the same community chat forum and had talked through that before. In early May, we both emailed each other at the exact same time. Eventually we moved to talking on the phone, then meeting in person, etc etc... :)  His groom's cake was a computer with myspace on the screen. 
    Posted by blseverance[/QUOTE]

I'm KU and still lurk over here, but I think you and Teacher megs should come on over to TN. There are just as many if not more girls who aren't pg than who are. That board has been slow lately so some new faces will help spice it up again.

While I'm on this post I'lll answer the Q too... lol

Ha nd I met at his job. He and my Mom use to work 1 cubicle away frome one another. I was home for the summer and was sharing a car with my mom so was picking her up after I got out of class 2 days a week. She introduced us and we kinda took it in our own hands from there. Most of our original talking started on Myspace as well.
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He messaged me on plentyoffish (I had just a bad streak on and off that site for over 7yrs!!!!) I mean I met wackos, weirdos, and pervs. I was back in FL and posted on there one more time..met three more idiots then was about to delete when he hit the "Meet Me" button. I read his profile and sent him a message back that said something like "So,you look normal, what is wrong with you?" and we started talking from there. A few days later we got on the phone (I kept saying it was dead or I was busy lol) and he asked if he could take me to dinner. That date lasted 9hrs. He asked if he could see me the next night and I told him I was going to an International dinner party at my pastors home, he was welcome to come. He did...we then deleted profiles and less than 2 months later were engaged..and here we are now planning.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If babybchbum is still posting here then I guess I can too since we got married the same weekend :)

We met at a fine Gainesville establishment called the Grog House.  My roommate kinda knew him cause her brother was in his fraternity so she went to go talk to him and we proceeded in taking over his booth since all the tables were gone.  I don't really remember much else from that night...it was free beer until midnight, but he called me three days later:)

Let's just hope our kids never ask us how we met!  Oh how I miss college.

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I met on Match.com.  He initially contacted me, and after a while of emails and chats we decided to talk on the phone.  After about two weeks of chatting on the phone and emailing he asked me if I would go to a Dave Matthews Band concert with him, of course I said yes and the rest is history. 
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • edited December 2011
    FI was best friends with my cousin who I grew up with so we kind of knew each other as kids. We went to the same high school too. I went to college in MA and then moved to CA after I finished and he stayed in FL.

A few years ago I was out of work recoverying from surgery and I messaged him on myspace. Something like "you look familar, do we know each other?" The rest is history.
    image 110 Invited
    image 76 Are Ready to Party! image 34 Are Missing Out image0 Need to Respond
    RSVP Date: February 21

March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Rings image
    Mine imageHis My Wedding Blog(Updated Daily) Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing to interesting, but we met at our work in Ohio. He is originally from Florida and had moved to Ohio with some friends and hated it. He was ready to come back to Florida and took me with him. He always tells everyone the reason he moved to Ohio was to find me <3
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I stay on the Knot too mainly! =)

We met at grad school orientation -- he was graduating and did a presentation on his final project and I was starting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

aol chat! lol, before match and everything was popular!
  • LisaMat2011LisaMat2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've met at work :)
  • edited December 2011
    I took a chance and worked a beer tent even though I didn't drink. Figured 30 years of doing the same thing obviously wasn't working for me. I showed up to serve, he had been pouring all day, we were two of only a handful of people left at the end of the night... We chatted, he seemed cool and I totally asked him out. We've been together three years, and I now loooooove beer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards