Jewish Weddings

NWR - blog

Hey all,

I just started a blog and thought I'd share it here.  Not sure how often I'll get to check the knot (though donig well otherwise), but having a blog allows me to vent and not worry about censorship.

I have a FB account but keep it limited; having already "accepted" as friends some relatives (mostly in-laws) and just meeting so many people from different areas, I wanted a place to discuss my views of marriage, in both the secular and religious realm, dealing with in-laws, and other real life topics (work, e.g.), and also just to jot down random thoughts and put up funny stuff.

I hope to get a decent following over the course of the next few months and just meet some really great folks. 

TIA

http://bjcinbrooklyn.wordpress.com/

Re: NWR - blog

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    cool!  i just subscribed :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lol, thanks.  If nothing else, I look at it as an anonymous diary - not that I'll be that detailed or gross; some things should really be kept private.  ;)
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool, thank you for sharing!
  • Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I love your blog and from one Jewess from NY to another- don't sweat the small sh_t. :) People will be hateful everywhere and although it is bothersome, don't let it ruin your stride. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks much!

I try not to, though it bothers me at times but you can't control what others do, think, say or feel.  But in knowing that one day we'll have kids, it's important for me to have some relationship with my in-laws because I'm sure we'll have to deal with them more once the kids appear. 

If anything, writing has been very cathartic and provides an avenue to just say what I want or need to say and not have any worries about hurt feelings or misunderstandings.  And if someone can benefit from my experience or if I learn anything from subscribers, then it's win-win.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards