Florida-South Florida

Reception Venue - Anyone heard of Royal Room (St. Hugh's Parish)

Hi Ladies,

My future sister-in-law just got engaged (wohoo!!!!!!) and is having a really hard time finding a reception venue for her wedding.  Fingers crossed she will be finalizing all the ceremony details with St. Hugh Catholic Church this week, but is still on the hunt for a reception venue.  Can you ladies help with any recommedations?  She has looked EVERYWHERE and most places are booked, so we need places maybe no one has heard of.  

I am also wondering if anyone knows of someone or is personally having their recpetion at the Royal Room (part of St. Hugh's Parish).  It is available but we can't find any information on it at all! Pictures, experiences? 

Her wedding is in March of 2013.

Your help is greatly appreciated ladies.  And early congratulations to you all!!

Re: Reception Venue - Anyone heard of Royal Room (St. Hugh's Parish)

• There are so many options available here in South Florida aside from the venues everyone seems to use. Does your sister in-law wants to stay within Miami-Dade County? Also, what is her budget for rental and what does she expect for the rental to include? Knowing this will allow us to give you better recommendations.
    October Siggy! Love the Groom's Expression! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, I don't think she has an exact number, but I know she is trying to keep it as low as possible.  Her godfather is a caterer so if she could bring in her own catering that would be great.  The venue must be able to hold at least 250 people- both sides of the family are ginormous.  She would like to stay as close to the church as possible, but otherwise, yes definitely within Miami-Dade county.

I hope this helps and thanks so much again!
  • Was going to suggest some outdoor venues but not sure since it's a March wedding. If she's looking to for a good enough space then definitely check out Palmetto Bay Village Center, http://www.palmettobayvillagecenter.com/. The upstair section is pretty huge and more than enough room for 250 guests, kitchen available, and she can bring in her own vendors. Also, check out the Ronald W. Shane Center on Miami Beach since she can bring in all her vendors even catering.
  • YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I am the mother of a recently engaged bride ,and we did see the room at St. Hughs just last week,  but my daughter does not want to get married there. The Royal Room will definitely fit her 250 count and our caterer (somehow we have that) showed us pictures of the room transformed for a beautiful wedding and it does work... also nothing more convenient than having the guests walk straight from the church into the ballroom.   She'll save herself a pretty penny on transportation if she is planning to offer that for her out of town guests. The only problem is you can't bring in your own caterer, but the one that is there is wonderful and his package comes with an amazing DJ (Ubi). Caterer is not expensive and fantastic quality.  She also saves because she can buy her own liquor and give it to the caterer who will provide all the mixers and the bartenders.  Oh another thing that we were told is if your wedding is large then it has to be at 7PM so that there is enough parking.Otherwise, say you have a 3 pm wedding and a reception that starts at 4 p.m, you will be using up all the parking spaces that the parishners need during 5 pm mass.  Hope that helps!
  • Thank you so so so much for the information on the Royal Room, YA1!! She is going tomorrow and is booking the church for her ceremony at 7pm so that works and she is really interested in the Royal Room and everything you said sounds great!!

Thank you also to the rest of the ladies for the suggestions! I will send them to her juuuust in case! :)
  • YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    You are very welcome Secret619!  Another tip our caterer gave us since she they can  buy their own liquor is that she should wait until right after the holidays because all the liquor goes on sale.  Another great thing is that they can return whatever they don't use so make sure she saves all the receipts!  I did love the room (when I saw it transformed in the pictures not so much with all the kids from summer camp running around!). Unfortunately my daughter fell in love with Douglas Entrance and is now trying to drastically slice and dice her wedding list because their capacity is 200.  Good luck to your sister in law and how fortunate she is to have you helping!
  • How funny!! I had my reception at Douglas Entrance.  I was so fortunate to be able to have great vendors that all worked with me on my budget so that I didn't go over. The venue itself is a hefty expense.  If you need any help, recommendations, or pictures I have plenty!!!!  Just email me directly at xxdaniqxx@aol.com.

Thanks again for all of your help! :) 

• <div>Hello,</div><div>
    </div><div>I was wondering if you could share with me the name of the caterer that showed you a picture of the st.hugh reception hall - we just booked at st.hugh for the ceremony and are deciding whether to do the reception there as well....thanks!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_reception-venue-anyone-heard-of-royal-room-st-hughs-parish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:2ae4cc01-a703-4285-90c2-a231341c820ePost:1f24e3b2-588b-45c3-8211-9b210e2420a3">Re: Reception Venue - Anyone heard of Royal Room (St. Hugh's Parish)</a>:<div>[QUOTE]I am the mother of a recently engaged bride ,and we did see the room at St. Hughs just last week,  but my daughter does not want to get married there. The Royal Room will definitely fit her 250 count and our caterer (somehow we have that) showed us pictures of the room transformed for a beautiful wedding and it does work... also nothing more convenient than having the guests walk straight from the church into the ballroom.   She'll save herself a pretty penny on transportation if she is planning to offer that for her out of town guests. The only problem is you can't bring in your own caterer, but the one that is there is wonderful and his package comes with an amazing DJ (Ubi). Caterer is not expensive and fantastic quality.  She also saves because she can buy her own liquor and give it to the caterer who will provide all the mixers and the bartenders.  Oh another thing that we were told is if your wedding is large then it has to be at 7PM so that there is enough parking.Otherwise, say you have a 3 pm wedding and a reception that starts at 4 p.m, you will be using up all the parking spaces that the parishners need during 5 pm mass.  Hope that helps!
    Posted by YA1[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards