Offbeat Weddings
Options

Question for you guys

l was wondering if a dvd that has bits and pieces of everything from our engagement to the honeymoon on it with a message from us at the end saying something like "all this happened thanks to all of you" is appropriate instead of thank you card? Its not tht i want to skip out on thank yous but 98% of the guests gave cash  (like 2 guests didnt ) and i can only think of so many ways of saying thatnks for the cash...
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Question for you guys

• Options
    Are you using the cash for specific things such as a down payment for a house, honeymoon, repairs around the house, fun activities? You could tell them what you plan to do with the money if that helps. If you're doing lots of things you could tell your grandma about the new house and your funky aunt about the rock climbing adventure you have planned... I don't think the DVD is a bad idea but I do think people will be wondering where their thank you card might have ended up.
  • Options
    I think the DVD is a cute idea, but I agree with PP that some people will still be wondering where their thank you card is.
  • Options
    I agree. And yes, writing the same thing out a bunch of times feels dumb, but it works. We said something like "we will be putting your gift to good use on our honeymoon in March." I just got one from a friend who said they were building a garage onto their new house and that our gift was much appreciated.
  • Options
    No to the DVD. It's not very accurate. It didn't happen because of all of your guests. It doesn't make sense to me. Write thank you cards.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    well the money paid for the wedding so actually it did make the entire wedding ans honeymoon happen. 
    but otherwise i was still thinking of putting in a note or something... i just was worried about sending the same card over and over especially since they all would check cards against each other...
  • Options
    well see thats what im saying 200 of the 3000 went to the honey moon the rest paid for the wedding (the only guests were his family and they knew thats how it would be spent)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards