- Last Active
That sounds like a great idea, a chance to celebrate with all the people that are so happy for you without having to change your wedding plans to make it happen
The Knottie Knot, as many of you know, is a tradition that has been around the Destination Wedding board for quite awhile. For the newer brides that are just joining us, or those who have not yet heard about this tradition, here's how it works:
The Knottie Knot is a piece of wood, plastic or metal that has been decorated in a wedding theme by a previous bride. There are a few in circulation, each of which has been made by different people, and no two Knottie Knots are the same. Each has string or ribbon attached to it which then has been adorned with postcards full advice from the Destination Brides that came before you.
When a bride gets married, she buys a postcard from her wedding location. On this she writes her thoughts, advice and wishes on it for the brides that will follow her and then attaches it to the ribbons. She then sends it on to the next person in line.
The idea is that you wait until your wedding day, and on that day you read all the beautiful things that those who have come before you on our board have written. This tradition has been going since 2007, and a lot of Knotties have enjoyed participating in it.
There are only 3 rules for those who wish to participate in the Knottie Knot tradition:
1. You must be an active poster on the Destination Wedding board.
2. You must mail the Knottie Knot the to the next person via Priority Mail with a tracking number.
3. You MUST enjoy both reading the advice and sharing the advice with the brides to come
If you would like more information on the Knottie Knot, or if you would like to sign up, please email me at DWKnottieKnot(at)gmail(dot)com.
Also, any of you Old Marrieds that may be reading this, I have two requests for you....
1. Please forward any pictures you want to share of you with the KK so that I can make sure they go on the website and in these posts to help to promote this tradition.
2. If any of you have any extra postcards and would like to fill them out and send them to me, I would like to keep extras on hand in the event that new KKs are made in the future, whether it is as a replacement KK or because we get such interest that we need to add another in circulation. This way I can be sure that there is plenty of advice on the newer one as well!
We will be having children, quite a few. There will be a seperate children's buffet for the meals. After the meals, during the dancing, we will have 2-3 babysitters working a children's activity area. It will have toys, games, etc to keep the kids busy.
I agree with the ladies that its a shame you are giving up your camping weekend June around here is usually great camping weather so maybe you could do the wedding ceeremony and then have a camping weekend after for those interested in June?