Snarky Brides
Options

iF YoU don't like It

2»

Re: iF YoU don't like It

• Options

Highly amused. Nearly snorted water out of my nose and all over the new case I'm working on.

Side note- isn't proper punctuation important in medicine and nursing too? So you ensure you only give 1.0 ccs of morphine drip as opposed to 10.0 ccs, for example? I know with my Dad's medical practice, punctuation and proper spelling/grammar was highly important in his reports, both out of professionalism and due to having to deal with friggin lawyers :-) Mom's a nurse too- she's always been big on proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling regardless of the situation.

Second side note- my smart phone has small keys too. I still go back and delete/edit before sending a text in order to have proper grammar/spelling/punctuation.

• Options
    Indeed. You make a mockery of anyone who was ever ACTUALLY bullied when you call bully b/c someone disagreed with you or dropped an f bomb in your direction. I'm sorry for your experiences, @maryemoo.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I should add on about the bullying. Let's see, some of the highlights...

1) the boys who threw paper balls at me out the window off the back of the bus as I walked home from school.

2) The boy who spit on me at least twice.

3)The girl who dumped stuff on my head.

4) The girls who constantly tormented me about my weight and looks.

5) The girls who spread rumors around the school that I was promiscuous and sexually active (I wasn't)

6) The girls who spread rumors I was pregnant (despite being a virgin).

7) Hair pulling, face punching, sand in the eyes, all because 1 girl was mad I couldn't attend her birthday party and told another girl lies about me.

8) Getting set up for a date ending in massive embarrassment.

9) Being pulled into the principal's office for allegedly attacking a girl when my sole comment was to ask her to leave me alone and that I didn't appreciate her calling me names.

10) The cheerleader who repeatedly pretended to cough and call me "Slut" when I passed by her.

11) The girls who apologized to me solely due to the requirement that they make amends with those they had wronged for the purpose of their Confirmation to their Church. The behavior began again right after.

12) The boys who made fun of me a) for being interested in non popular sports and b) being in an 11th grade science course while in the 10th grade (one of them contacted me 3 years later apologizing for his obnoxious, rude behavior and begging my forgiveness)

13) The TEACHER who made me the class whipping child and repeatedly humiliated me. She tried the same thing 6 years later with my little sister in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program.

I've since moved away from that town. The majority of those who bullied me and made fun of my academic focus are in jail, on welfare, or working jobs that cause them to live paycheck to paycheck. I think the best thing I can do to show these people who tried to hurt me that I rose above their behavior is to be successful in my goals and live a happy life. I won't shove it in their faces at the 1 or 2 reunions I go to, but I'll be so happy I'm Mary Freakin Poppins!

• Options
    Clearly whatever system from which you allegedly acquired your degree from does not, in fact, teach English. I say 'allegedly' because I think you're lying; no one can have the level of education your purport to have and write as badly as you do. Assuming, arguendo, that you DO have such a degree, how do you not kill people with your bad grammar? I mean, the way you write makes what you write nearly impossible to understand, so I imagine there are lots of medical mistakes when you're working. ETA: fix typo
    HisGirlFriday13, seriously? 

Do you ever scroll through Facebook and read the posts of people you you met while in college? 

Many of my friends, who I know for a fact have bachelors and masters degrees, use poor grammar on social media - which I would liken to this forum. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't all practice proper grammar, but I do believe the OP when she says she has a degree. 

This seems boarder line personal attack - especially suggesting she is killing patients. Have you seen how most doctors write? 

The only thing I have noticed about how doctors write, is the overall poor penmanship. And penmanship has nothing to do with grammar.

I agree with @hisgirlfriday. If the OP can't string a basic sentence together, how is she going to be able to carry out a doctor's order?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chipmunk415Chipmunk415 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

I've 5 doctors in my family and a nurse. All of them are careful to use legible handwriting in orders and scripts. It's just not worth the lawsuit otherwise. My brother (financial guy), brother in law (pilot) uncle (scientist), and coworker (lawyer) have way worse handwriting. All those named have great grammar skills. Must have been all that parochial schooling.*

*I went to FL public schools, and managed to develop good grammar and rules of english language. We used some method in 4th grade (Sharon? Susie? It started with an "s") for grammar and english. I still remember some of the jingles- "Preposition, preposition, starting with a 'b'- before behind below, beneath beside between" Anyone recognize it?

• Options
    Chipmunk415      The Shirley Method! Yes! We had a whole workbook about it, I still remember most of the jingle! Ours started with A: aboard, about, above, across, after, against, along, among, around, at!
  • Options
    @maryemoo, I remember the A's too! Just the first part to pop into my head was the "B" section. Shirley method, gaaah!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards