Chit Chat
Options

Rant...Sorry.... Part 2

So for those who know what was going on with a girl who was a bridesmaid there is an update. Sadly not a good one. For those who missed it, the post title is Rant...Sorry.... if you want to read what happened.

Anyway, today I have been getting calls and emails from vendors (the ones she knew I had booked). Since today was pretty busy for a while, I let the calls go to voicemail and just saw the emails a little while ago...

Apparently she decided to contact these vendors on my behalf stating that we would like our deposits back because we would no longer be needing their services. She said this to the church (which we are not paying a fee since FI is a member - but we planned on giving a donation to the church) / the reception hall / the DJ / the florist / and David's Bridal (asking if I could return my gown and accessories and if the bridesmaids would be able to return dresses).

I know it was her because I saw the original email she sent to the vendors she emailed and she said "I am X and I am contacting you on behalf of hlvonb..." and the ones that called me to discuss refunds with me said they were sorry to hear the news from X about no longer needing their services....

I emailed the ones that emailed me and luckily was able to contact the vendors that called me. I am hoping this is not going to cause issues later. I had to explain that it was a misunderstanding somewhere and that no the wedding was not called off and that we still need their services and to be assured that I will be the one contacting them if anything were to change....

Luckily, the ones I could talk to were nice about it. I am sure it was not fun for them to hear / handle either. I am just hoping the ones I had to email (since I don't have a phone number for them with me) will be just as nice about it....

I am so mad I want to scream......

Re: Rant...Sorry.... Part 2

• Options
    I wish I had better advice, that is awful! :( Just make sure that going forward vendors know to only talk to you or your FI.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I wish I had better advice, that is awful! :( Just make sure that going forward vendors know to only talk to you or your FI.
    I second this. Definitely tell each of your vendors that unless they have some kind of written consent from you with your signature, DO NOT listen to anyone claiming they are calling on your behalf. If you think that's too extreme, have them at least follow up with you before going through with whatever this person claims they are doing for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@hikebikebemerry

Thanks! I thought they would have known that since all contact so far has been done by me but I guess not.

• Options
    CLI242009 said:

I second this. Definitely tell each of your vendors that unless they have some kind of written consent from you with your signature, DO NOT listen to anyone claiming they are calling on your behalf. If you think that's too extreme, have them at least follow up with you before going through with whatever this person claims they are doing for you.

@CLI242009

Normally I may have thought it would have been a little extreme but I think in this case it may be what has to be done. It's clear this girl has a lot of resentment or something.

• Options
    Holy cow!  Why would she do this?  Is there a link to the back story so you don't have to repeat yourself?

I am so sorry.  Thank God you were able to call them back in time to ensure no damage was done.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2013

@PrettyGirlLost

Here is a link

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1000292/rant-sorry#latest

This should give you all (or most) of what you would want to know. I think she has A LOT of resentment or something.

• Options
    hlvonb said:

@PrettyGirlLost

Here is a link

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1000292/rant-sorry#latest

This should give you all (or most) of what you would want to know. I think she has A LOT of resentment or something.

Aw :/  What a damn shame.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

@PrettyGirlLost

Yeah... let me know if / when you read the post I linked. You may want an Excedrin or something after lol

• Options
    Her having already removed herself from your wedding party is a gift!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Her having already removed herself from your wedding party is a gift!

@hikebikebemerry

Yeah I would have to agree 110% with you on that. I was holding out hope that there would be a time when the friendship could be repaired but after this stunt, I am not sure if that is going to happen. Part of me wants to change the wedding date since she knows what that is too and who knows what she might do then. Lol. But we have security at the ceremony and venue so I think I am okay with keeping my date. Lol.

• Options
    hlvonb said:

@PrettyGirlLost

Yeah... let me know if / when you read the post I linked. You may want an Excedrin or something after lol

Ahhhhh I recall now. . . sheesh ><

• Options
    This girl seems a little nutty to me. I mean why the hell would she do this? I hope she doesn't give you anymore trouble.
  • Options
    hlvonb said:

@PrettyGirlLost

Ahhhhh I recall now. . . sheesh ><

@PrettyGirlLost

Yeah......

• Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    This girl seems a little nutty to me. I mean why the hell would she do this? I hope she doesn't give you anymore trouble.

@jdluvr06

I have no idea. I think it has something to do with my other post that I linked in a reply to PrettyGirlLost. I hope this is last I hear from her too

• Options
    That girl is serious about trying to mess with your stuff.  I'm glad you'll have security.
  • Options
    Yikes. She crossed a line. I could no longer be friends with someone who'd do something so shady. I hope she steers clear of your wedding.
  • Options
    Wow...I am so appalled for you!!!! ugghh...bitch... 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That girl is serious about trying to mess with your stuff.  I'm glad you'll have security.
    @TheFutureMrsRohlman22

So am I. I was a little unsure about having security at first but I am glad my family talked me into it.
  • Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2013
    cruffino said:
    Yikes. She crossed a line. I could no longer be friends with someone who'd do something so shady. I hope she steers clear of your wedding.
    @cruffino

I agree. I thought that after some time maybe the friendship could be repaired down the road after what she pulled / acted before but this was the final straw. Even if it could be repaired, I have no interest in it.
  • Options
    Wow...I am so appalled for you!!!! ugghh...bitch... 
    @smalfrie19

Thanks! And yes she is....
  • Options
    hlvonb said:

cruffino said:

@cruffino

I agree. I thought that after some time maybe the friendship could be repaired down the road after what she pulled / acted before but this was the final straw. Even if it could be repaired, I have no interest in it.

Sorry it had to end this way.
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    cruffino said:
    @cruffino

Sorry it had to end this way.
    @cruffino

So am I but sometimes you have no control over it.
  • Options
    Please be careful and make sure you store anything for your wedding not at your house, if possible.
    She sounds crazy!

Also, I would definitely have the caterer screen any staff, give them her photo and warn them about her. Make sure that the staff knows what she looks like and that she is not allowed to be there. It's important that your vendors know what she looks like as well just in case she tries to pretend that she is working for one of them. If she called up your vendors to cancel, who knows what else she'll try.
    I would even contact your venue and let them know what is going on so that they can watch out for her trying to sabotage things the night before.
    I'm not trying to stress you out, but it's better to be prepared for the worst and have everyone know what's going on.

That whole ordeal sounds completely awful and I'm really sorry you have to deal with this!
  • Options
    CaliMel11 said:
    Please be careful and make sure you store anything for your wedding not at your house, if possible.
    She sounds crazy!

Also, I would definitely have the caterer screen any staff, give them her photo and warn them about her. Make sure that the staff knows what she looks like and that she is not allowed to be there. It's important that your vendors know what she looks like as well just in case she tries to pretend that she is working for one of them. If she called up your vendors to cancel, who knows what else she'll try.
    I would even contact your venue and let them know what is going on so that they can watch out for her trying to sabotage things the night before.
    I'm not trying to stress you out, but it's better to be prepared for the worst and have everyone know what's going on.

That whole ordeal sounds completely awful and I'm really sorry you have to deal with this!
    @CaliMel11

I know you're not trying to stress me out and don't worry you're not. :) I appreciate the concern and the advice. I was already planning on giving her picture to security but I think I will give her picture to the other vendors as well. That's a good idea :) Thanks!

Also, right now, everything (except my wedding binder and my FI ) are being kept at a different location lol
  • Options
    KytchynWitcheKytchynWitche member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Holy flaming tulle, Batman!

I honestly think there's a bigger problem with your ex-bridesmaid than just a little resentment. She sounds severely unhinged. Calling up a former friend's wedding vendors and cancelling everything is definitely more than resentment. Is there any way you can maybe try and get someone to get her some help?

From the information you've given here (and I know we don't have the full story) it sounds like she's becoming obsessive about you and/or your wedding, and that could be incredibly dangerous. If you're not changing your date, I think it might be a good idea to try and get someone to keep an eye on her on your wedding day. I know you'll have security, so you're covered in terms of her trying to crash or otherwise ruin the day, but I'm worried that if she feels powerless she may turn the resentment inwards or on her family.

I'm not a psychologist/psychiatrist but I've been there myself, I have been unhinged, and I know how the thought processes work - can't call it logic, 'cause it's NOT logical at all.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. I'm sorry that she can't just be happy for you, and I'm so so sorry that you've lost this friendship. I'm here if you ever need a hug.

Edited because spelling.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    urbaneca said:
    Holy flaming tulle, Batman!

I honestly think there's a bigger problem with your ex-bridesmaid than just a little resentment. She sounds severely unhinged. Calling up a former friend's wedding vendors and cancelling everything is definitely more than resentment. Is there any way you can maybe try and get someone to get her some help?

From the information you've given here (and I know we don't have the full story) it sounds like she's becoming obsessive about you and/or your wedding, and that could be incredibly dangerous. If you're not changing your date, I think it might be a good idea to try and get someone to keep an eye on her on your wedding day. I know you'll have security, so you're covered in terms of her trying to crash or otherwise ruin the day, but I'm worried that if she feels powerless she may turn the resentment inwards or on her family.

I'm not a psychologist/psychiatrist but I've been there myself, I have been unhinged, and I know how the thought processes work - can't call it logic, 'cause it's NOT logical at all.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. I'm sorry that she can't just be happy for you, and I'm so so sorry that you've lost this friendship. I'm here if you ever need a hug.

Edited because spelling.
    @urbaneca

Here is the link to my previous post about what happened before this. It should catch you up on what's been going on. http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1000292/rant-sorry#latest

There is no way I can get her help. She doesn't think she is in the wrong and can be a very pig headed person. She will only accept / get help when SHE thinks she needs or wants it. I have been down this road with her once before.

I agree that she is / has become obsessive about the wedding and I think that might have something to do with her wedding ( I believe I explained it in the other post that I linked). All I can do at this point is make sure that security and vendors have a picture of her with her name and height, etc. I have also instructed all vendors to not listen to anyone other than myself or my fiance unless they verify it with me or unless I say hey please talk to my mom (her name is C) about this. They all agreed with that. 

I am hoping this will be the last I hear from her. But like with most things, only time will tell.
  • Options
    CaliMel11 said:
    She sounds crazy!

I didn't even think about that. Yeah definitely talk to your vendors and hand out pictures. Depending on your venue location, it can be VERY chaotic and unless there was a manager, other employees are probably NOT going to notice if someone they don't know is all of a sudden serving drinks or clearing up the messes to PASS as an employee. (I've seen way too many movies hahaha)

Most people, when you suggest things like this, think you are taking it overboard but in this situation I would DEFINITELY just air on the side of caution. (I think that's the phrase lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry you have had to deal with this. Maybe she'll remove herself even further and not even come to the wedding.
    @alisonmarie658

She better not come to the wedding. Especially since she's not invited
  • Options
    It's a really good idea for you to have security and also hand out her pictures to vendors.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    It's a really good idea for you to have security and also hand out her pictures to vendors.
    @jdluvr06

Yeah I agree. Especially after this stunt she pulled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards