Chit Chat
Options

Calling all lurkers and newbies! (spinoff)

Re: Calling all lurkers and newbies! (spinoff)

• Options
    I know! I've volunteered at 3 museums. I was promoted to manager for my school's university, and have an internship for the summer from the other one! So far everyone from the grad schools I want to apply to sound somewhat excited to have me! I know there is a lot of employable people out there who would be fighting for the same jobs. But I keep telling myself I'm doing everything I possibly can! So that's my dream job and I really have a passion for it. I know how some people view jobs just as jobs but for me I view it as a part of me ha. I know I sound insane.
  • Options
    I know! I've volunteered at 3 museums. I was promoted to manager for my school's university, and have an internship for the summer from the other one! So far everyone from the grad schools I want to apply to sound somewhat excited to have me! I know there is a lot of employable people out there who would be fighting for the same jobs. But I keep telling myself I'm doing everything I possibly can! So that's my dream job and I really have a passion for it. I know how some people view jobs just as jobs but for me I view it as a part of me ha. I know I sound insane.
    You don't sound insane at all, as far as I'm concerned. I think that's amazing to have a job you're so passionate about. That really sounds awesome! 
  • Options
    You don't sound insane at all, as far as I'm concerned. I think that's amazing to have a job you're so passionate about. That really sounds awesome! 
    Thanks! Now I just have to obtain it ha. I mean I love my job right now but its a student job so when I graduate I can't work here anymore. Plus there's grad programs in Virginia so I have to venture out. Even if I could keep my job I'm not sure I would unless they increase my hours. We are only allowed to work 12 hours per week.
  • Options
    Just stopping in to say hi! I sometimes lurk and have only posted a handful of times since I was engaged. I am now an OMH, married May 17!. Me and my H have 3 furbabies, 2 cats and an 8 month old black lab pup. I work in sales for and industrial supply company, I find it kinda hard to just jump into conversations here, kinda feel like trying to jump onto a moving train. lol. But I do want to try posting more. All the ladies here are so entertaining :)
  • Options
    Pic of pup! Don't have any of the kitties on this computer :(
  • Options
    I don't think that worked...grr technology.
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    I don't think that worked...grr technology.
    Aw! Adorable :) 
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    Just stopping in to say hi! I sometimes lurk and have only posted a handful of times since I was engaged. I am now an OMH, married May 17!. Me and my H have 3 furbabies, 2 cats and an 8 month old black lab pup. I work in sales for and industrial supply company, I find it kinda hard to just jump into conversations here, kinda feel like trying to jump onto a moving train. lol. But I do want to try posting more. All the ladies here are so entertaining :)

SIB. Grr! 
    Congrats on the marraige! Post more, we'd love to hear from you :) 
  • Options
    I have a funny story! Well, it's funny to me. The other night we were getting ready to go to Fi's work holiday party. Apparently I accidentally put a pair of my pants in his drawer one day. He pulls on the pants, turns to me and says "I don't think these pants fit me anymore...wait, are these even my pants?" And I'm just sitting on the bed laughing like a loon. It was as he was trying to put his hands in pockets that didn't exist that I managed to tell him they were mine. Now I laugh a little everytime I think about pants, which made doing laundry this week feel a little ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm semi-new but don't get the chance to post as much as most people, so I guess I'm relatively obscure. 

Just a quick tidbit since I saw this thread went in the hangover direction. In addition to (of course) water, a cinnamon pill before you go to sleep works wonders for taking away a hangover. I'm 33 and was never much of a drinker to begin with so 3-4 drinks puts me on my ass and I'm like an 80 year old the next day. It's pretty sad. But yay for cinnamon!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm semi-new but don't get the chance to post as much as most people, so I guess I'm relatively obscure. 

Just a quick tidbit since I saw this thread went in the hangover direction. In addition to (of course) water, a cinnamon pill before you go to sleep works wonders for taking away a hangover. I'm 33 and was never much of a drinker to begin with so 3-4 drinks puts me on my ass and I'm like an 80 year old the next day. It's pretty sad. But yay for cinnamon!
    Is it just literally cinnamon inside a pill capsule? Is it like a vitamin? I might need these in my life
  • Options
    If were in hangover cures my favorite is Sports Jelly Beans from Jelly Belly. They don't taste that great but its like Gatorade in a jelly bean. Some have Caffeine too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! Newish here, and I LOVE Christmas, although it's proving tricky for me this year as there's no freaking snow yet. Oh, and my MIL is visiting for like three weeks, so ALL THE WINE.
  • Options
    Kahlyla said:
    Hello! Newish here, and I LOVE Christmas, although it's proving tricky for me this year as there's no freaking snow yet. Oh, and my MIL is visiting for like three weeks, so ALL THE WINE.
    Are you in an area where it's normal to have snow right now? Where I live, it seemed like we had 3 feet of snow come down every day last winter, and right now there's none at all. But knock on wood. Cuz literally tomorrow we could get buried to the point where the city shuts down for days. Yikes.
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't see a getting to know you thread :( I kinda just threw myself in here and post every now and then. I'm really active on my month board, even though it's kinda dead in there.

I ask a lot of questions; I kind of feel like a complete newb at the whole wedding scene and like I am a bit of a pest. But I absolutely love how I can come here, on pretty much any board, and get great advise. I've dodged a lot of bullets and etiquette no-no's, and how to deal with my step mother suggesting huge faux pas. 

I especially love reading replies after a knottie vents. I love how much people care in this community, even if its for people they've never met or know IRL. Sometimes I want to vent, but don't know how it will be received. I'm not a great writer and it's sometimes difficult for me to explain my thoughts and feelings. 

imageimage

• Options
    Oh, I didn't see a getting to know you thread :( I kinda just threw myself in here and post every now and then. I'm really active on my month board, even though it's kinda dead in there.

I ask a lot of questions; I kind of feel like a complete newb at the whole wedding scene and like I am a bit of a pest. But I absolutely love how I can come here, on pretty much any board, and get great advise. I've dodged a lot of bullets and etiquette no-no's, and how to deal with my step mother suggesting huge faux pas. 

I especially love reading replies after a knottie vents. I love how much people care in this community, even if its for people they've never met or know IRL. Sometimes I want to vent, but don't know how it will be received. I'm not a great writer and it's sometimes difficult for me to explain my thoughts and feelings. 
    vent away! Seriously, I vent here a ton, and I always feel better. Knotties will call me out when I'm in the wrong but mostly they're extremely supportive. If it makes you feel better, you can always PM me to run it past me if you want, and I can tell you in private if you sound like an ass. But chances are, you won't ;)
  • Options
    novella1186 :)

Maybe I'll get into it tomorrow because I'm leaving work in a couple hours and have to be back here first thing in the AM. And I don't want to get upset all over again and not be able to sleep well. FI is out of town and I don't have a lot of control over my situation (kind of like you with your family).

imageimage

• Options
    So I'm definitely not new but the first few posts about the movie Elf made me want to share this funny story. 
    Way back 10 years ago, I dated a real fucking asshole. He was abusive in every way and just a terrible human being. I was super young and naive and he was my first love, so I did stupid things. Like stay with him for years and lend him tons of money. I lent him close to $4,000 for stupid fucking car parts, and not to repair his car, but to make his race car faster. I was a college student and that had been my savings though all of high school jobs. So when I finally broke up with him, I begged him for the money and I knew I'd never see it again. 

Well, I still had a key to his house and I knew where he kept a stash of emergency cash. I figured hey, it wasn't really stealing because I had a key and it was a small fraction of what he owed me. So my best friend and I went when I knew he was at work and after I'm done getting the money, I turn around and she's shoving a dvd in her purse. I'm like dude, what are you doing? She says "Fuck him. I'm taking Elf. And Anchorman." I just laughed and said ok! 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    So I'm definitely not new but the first few posts about the movie Elf made me want to share this funny story. 
    Way back 10 years ago, I dated a real fucking asshole. He was abusive in every way and just a terrible human being. I was super young and naive and he was my first love, so I did stupid things. Like stay with him for years and lend him tons of money. I lent him close to $4,000 for stupid fucking car parts, and not to repair his car, but to make his race car faster. I was a college student and that had been my savings though all of high school jobs. So when I finally broke up with him, I begged him for the money and I knew I'd never see it again. 

Well, I still had a key to his house and I knew where he kept a stash of emergency cash. I figured hey, it wasn't really stealing because I had a key and it was a small fraction of what he owed me. So my best friend and I went when I knew he was at work and after I'm done getting the money, I turn around and she's shoving a dvd in her purse. I'm like dude, what are you doing? She says "Fuck him. I'm taking Elf. And Anchorman." I just laughed and said ok! 
    This just made me laugh
  • Options
    Not new but

I need to write a paper for Wednesday..... I'll do it tommorow (;
  • Options
    I guess I'm more of a lurker but can I get y'all's opinion on something I did concerning my wedding and one of my BMs? Its been somewhat weighing on me since and would love to know what some of you knotties would have done. I don't want to start a thread on it since its been almost 5 months since..
  • Options
    A thought, I'm feeling super happy. I just scrubbed down the bathroom, then took a long bath with a Lush bath melt I've been holding onto, followed by a glass of red wine and a big warm chocolate chip cookie. This is what content feels like.

Also, my cat in a bag:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @brisco1031 Sure, ask away! 

• Options
    Kahlyla said:
    Are you in an area where it's normal to have snow right now? Where I live, it seemed like we had 3 feet of snow come down every day last winter, and right now there's none at all. But knock on wood. Cuz literally tomorrow we could get buried to the point where the city shuts down for days. Yikes.
    Oh, yes. Although the big snows tend to come in January, a green Christmas would be hella weird. Right now it's just grey and wet and yucky and it's killing my buzz.
  • Options
    I guess I'm more of a lurker but can I get y'all's opinion on something I did concerning my wedding and one of my BMs? Its been somewhat weighing on me since and would love to know what some of you knotties would have done. I don't want to start a thread on it since its been almost 5 months since..
    Ask! :) 
  • Options
    A thought, I'm feeling super happy. I just scrubbed down the bathroom, then took a long bath with a Lush bath melt I've been holding onto, followed by a glass of red wine and a big warm chocolate chip cookie. This is what content feels like.

Also, my cat in a bag:
    I am so so so jealous of everything you said. Even the part about scrubbing the bathroom (I hate doing that but I LOVE when it's done and then the bathroom is super clean) 
  • Options
    Kahlyla said:
    Kahlyla said:
    Oh, yes. Although the big snows tend to come in January, a green Christmas would be hella weird. Right now it's just grey and wet and yucky and it's killing my buzz.
    It's like that here too. Raining today, which is extremely weird. I wonder if we're in the same area :P 
  • Options
    <--- Maritimes here! Moncton, NB.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks guys!

So while I was planning my wedding, one of my BMs got married, started having problems within the marriage(ex-husband is a psycho) and they split this past May finally. Now a few weeks afterwards she became friends with benefits with one of the guys we knew from high school.Nobody was suppose to know yet.   I originally had given her a plus one once it became bad with the ex( he was invited in the first place). Her plus one ended up abandoning her for the ex. So I said she could bring her FWB. I eventually found out he had a sporting event that would take all day and if he came it would have been later.

So she then asked me if he could just come for the dancing...I said no due to not wanting her to get hurt by her ex if i ended up putting the pictures on facebook (this was my biggest concern about it) and that our parents(mine and my husband's) were paying for everything. She didn't get it so I pm'd her FWB and explained it to him. He understood. She doesn't know to this day that I did that and idk if he ever mentioned it to her or exactly what he said on the day

Was I in the wrong to do that considering it could have had dire consequences?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards